JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Before the trust entity became vogue, I had been filing as a non-profit (not charitable) organization in WA state in 2001. This is how my Form 4s have been filed for quite a while. A $10 filing fee was required along with an annual report to the WA Secretary of State Corporations division. Quick and easy.

This year, however, I received notification that the procedure had changed and that it had become a little more stringent (not horribly) and the cost jumped to $20. They also requested an IRS EIN (employee identification number).

So the prior 10-min-$10 procedure turned into quite a bit more. It was a minor pucker factor in what had previously been a yawner, annual renewal.

Just wondering if any old timers who had created a WA corp experience a little whiplash this year and survived without trauma?

regards, r-

Just an update that the WA Sec of State corp filing was successful notwithstanding the added hoop jumping.

My brothers are officers of the corp so they have full rights to the Title 2 firearms...just like trustees do in a trust.
The cost was reduced from $60 for normal for-profit corporations to $20 and is good for another year.

BATF views the corp the same as a trust, i.e. the items are under the shared possession of all of the named officers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top