JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am not familiar with duck creek but the general M4 is the way to go. You can always add the carry handle if you want to look but with the flat-top its easier to add optics and other accessories.

I bought an XDs in .45ACP on August 16th from Duck Creek. Then the recall happened before they shipped the gun. Haven't seen it yet. They answered my first two emails, then I waited. When reports started of guns being shipped out by Springfield Armory, I called Duck Creek, and they said call back in two weeks. So a few weeks ago (three weeks later) I tried calling and they had a message saying they weren't accepting calls, only emails. I emailed them twice in the past two weeks and no answer. The phone number on their website is no longer valid -- not even a message.

I emailed SA asking if they could help about 10 days ago and customer service was great. The local Springfield Armory distributor in Iowa called me Weds. 11/20/13 and said he would talk to them because they had received at least two XDs models in that week (one was 9mm though). I haven't heard back from Duck Creek Armory or the SA distributor at this point.

There are a smattering of complaints that can be found on the internet, usually poor communication issues, non-delivery of ordered items or late delivery. To give them their due, I bought a C&R revolver from them before and the transaction was flawless, so I am surprised. I hope they are still in business!

I would have to say buyer beware at this point, and I hope SA can intervene and help me get a refund (Duck Creek declined because of the recall), or a pistol. It is now more than 3 months they have had my money.

Follow-up. As of 11/26/13 their phone number is disconnected, their website is down and their email account is closed. I'm screwed out of $575.

Anybody have advice on what I can do to get my money back?

Follow-up. As of 11/26/13 their phone number is disconnected, their website is down and their email account is closed. I'm screwed out of $575.

Anybody have advice on what I can do to get my money back?
That's what credit cards are for. If not, you'll have to get legal, if possible or viable and get in line.
That sucks.. all to save a couple a bucks.

That's what credit cards are for. If not, you'll have to get legal, if possible or viable and get in line.
That sucks.. all to save a couple a bucks.

Well, that's quite judgemental of you. Wrong on both counts. I put iton layaway when nobody had XDs pistols in stock, and I could be assured one. Then I did pay with a credit card. I'm working with VISA and SA to get a refund. But thanks anyway. BTW I ended up paying a few more bucks than locally. Not much more but a couple for the convenience.

Well, that's quite judgemental of you. Wrong on both counts. I put iton layaway when nobody had XDs pistols in stock, and I could be assured one. Then I did pay with a credit card. I'm working with VISA and SA to get a refund. But thanks anyway. BTW I ended up paying a few more bucks than locally. Not much more but a couple for the convenience.
Well then you answered your own question from your post #4.
Hey, you're the one soliciting "advice" so you're welcome.. no charge though.

Phillyfan, with Curt's right down on McLoughlin I don't understand why you're looking online. You should pop in there and see what they can do for you. I've heard nothing but good stuff about them.

Phillyfan, with Curt's right down on McLoughlin I don't understand why you're looking online. You should pop in there and see what they can do for you. I've heard nothing but good stuff about them.

I agree with Orygun. Defiantly drop in to Curt's and at least look around. Better to have a local source on this type of thing IMO.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top