JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've done some tests with these, btw. Always with the pre-made stuff and have never loaded any of my own...interesting results.

Some of the things I've noticed (was shooting out of a Mossberg 590)-

1) Very sporadic results. Ever seen these loaded? They stack them forwards and backwards to get as many in as possible. When they hit the target they also don't all go in straight. Some go sideways and many go in backwards (mainly because about half of them are loaded in backwards). Most (like 80%) did not have very good penetration on soft targets. Some did go in past the tail (was shooting at cardboard and phone books). If you shot an intruder I could see some nastiness to these, but I was not impressed.

2) They scratch your barrel. Not a whole lot, but enough to know that shooting more than a few of these babies isn't really worth replacing your barrel.

3) No kick. They kicked about as much as a less than lethal round (I did [and still do] a lot of shotgun round experiments). Maybe it was the cheapo brand of rounds I bought, but these definitely didn't have a lot of punch to them. I suspect the more powder they would have had then the more penetration I would have gotten but they probably would have scratched the barrel more.

They were fun to experiment with and see the results. Looking at a cardboard IDPA target and seeing a perfect, sideways flachete hole was cool- but seeing a couple dings in my barrel wasn't. All they are are nails with fins.

FYI of all the shotgun rounds out there these have definitely impressed me the most...

It is a slug behind three buckshot pellets. Shoots much better than these.

1%2012GA%20Centurion%20Multi%20buckball%205001400.jpg

These are a slug ball in front of six smaller pellets. Good at close range but very innacurate.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top