JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was giving my opinion on a conceal carry question on another website, and it got me thinking about the fact that in just over 7 1/2 years of CC'ing, nobody has ever indicated to me or called the police (that I know of) to report a man with a gun. I know that this is how concealed carrying is supposed to go. Just wondering if someone has ever noticed you carrying, and how did they react?

No, since I am dilligent about cover BUT, I do notice others quite often. I look for the distintive belt clips at 5 oclock and see 'printing' under shirts. It's kind of fun trying to see who is carrying and who is not. Much easier in the summer than now.

The only person who has noticed is my mom, and that was because she felt it when she hugged me.

Concealed means conealed:)

Same. Only people who hug me notice.

No, since I am dilligent about cover BUT, I do notice others quite often. I look for the distintive belt clips at 5 oclock and see 'printing' under shirts. It's kind of fun trying to see who is carrying and who is not. Much easier in the summer than now.

Non gun owners (the type of people who would call the police) would never notice this sort of thing though, so it isn't too much of an issue. Usually I wear shirts un-tucked anyway so no clips can be seen. Actually... if I didn't go un-tucked the big tacticool web belt I usually wear would be a dead giveaway to anyone who knows about guns.:cool:

I was at work once sitting in an office chair that caused my shirt to ride up just enough that a co-worker said 'hey is that gun? cool.'

Ironically I was carrying my Kimber compact that day and not the full size HK USP .45. That was the gun I was always worried about being noticed with.

I got physically subdued by 4 police officers once about 15 years ago at Clackamas Town Center. At the time I was wearing a long sleeve button up shirt over a tucked in shirt and was carrying my Sig in a holster at about 9 oclock (lefty). This method had never printed much for me. Apparently I was standing on the top section of the mall looking over the railing (people watching most likely) and someone from below (ground floor) was looking up and saw just enough of my gun or holster to become Terrified. They called police who rushed me from front and behind. Police grabbed both arms and asked me if I had a gun. I said, Yes I do. They took me into a private area and we had discussions about my CWP, my intentions and my apparent lack of understanding that it was Illegal to carry in the mall. In the end we parted ways with no real damage done, a good lesson in carry procedure and now I'm more careful when I carry at the mall (oops, I mean in a hall) :s0131: :s0155:

, my intentions and my apparent lack of understanding that it was Illegal to carry in the mall. In the end we parted ways with no real damage done, a good lesson in carry procedure and now I'm more careful when I carry at the mall (oops, I mean in a hall) :s0131: :s0155:

Does the mall have signs posted over there stating that there is no weapons allowed? If not how would it be "illegal to carry in the mall"?

The only person who "busted me" was my doctor. I usually lock up my pistol when I go in for a visit, just for security issues if I need to disrobe I don't want my pistol just lying there. I went in for a sinus issue and kept my weapon on because I thought that he would be just looking at my nose and mouth. Well...........he proceeded to lift my shirt to listen to my lungs during the exam and saw my pistol in my IWB rig.
To my surprise he just asked what make it was (Kimber) and stated "Those are nice. I just carry a Glock" :s0001::cool:

Turns out that my doc happens to be a conservative author and has a conservative blog a webpage. :cool: :s0155:

Does the mall have signs posted over there stating that there is no weapons allowed? If not how would it be "illegal to carry in the mall"?

Police asked me "didn't you see the signs indicating NO weapons". I told them Honestly No I didn't and in all honesty I never have seen the signs but now I purposely Don't look for them either. I'm ok with them asking me to leave if they ever suspect me of carrying again but as I said I'm much more careful and mindful of Noisy Liberals who would rather get shot up by a gang banger. More power to them but I'll take my chances with the signs :D

The only person who "busted me" was my doctor. I usually lock up my pistol when I go in for a visit, just for security issues if I need to disrobe I don't want my pistol just lying there. I went in for a sinus issue and kept my weapon on because I thought that he would be just looking at my nose and mouth. Well...........he proceeded to lift my shirt to listen to my lungs during the exam and saw my pistol in my IWB rig.
To my surprise he just asked what make it was (Kimber) and stated "Those are nice. I just carry a Glock" :s0001::cool:

Turns out that my doc happens to be a conservative author and has a conservative blog a webpage. :cool: :s0155:

Hahah, that's fantastic.

I had one of my brothers friend's punch me in the chest this weekend, and I just threw my Glock 22 in my inner coat pocket, it fits quite nicely actually, and he was like, "Do you have a gun?!"

I had one of my brothers friend's punch me in the chest this weekend, and I just threw my Glock 22 in my inner coat pocket, it fits quite nicely actually, and he was like, "Do you have a gun?!"

I've heard of glock leg, but glock chest? I carry locked and loaded, and I would never "throw" an internal striker anywhere on my body without a holster, that's an accidental discharge waiting to happen IMO. Hey buddy (playful chest punch) BOOM! Woops?

The only person who has noticed is my mom, and that was because she felt it when she hugged me.

Concealed means conealed:)

The same, only hugs. I have learned when I see a hug coming to go in with my hands low (think cowboy dancing) that forces them to go hands high and they have less contact at gun level.

I've heard of glock leg, but glock chest? I carry locked and loaded, and I would never "throw" an internal striker anywhere on my body without a holster, that's an accidental discharge waiting to happen IMO. Hey buddy (playful chest punch) BOOM! Woops?

You could hit that thing with a hammer and couldn't get it to fire. But I agree with You.

A gun no, a knife yes. I have a pair of jeans that are well worn that I wear...only non-nice jeans I have at the moment. I pocket carry mainly and lets just say if you know what you are looking for it won't be hard. There is a weared outline of it. A SG flipped out on me one day for having a knife, clipped right above my CC. Guess there was a no weapons policy, I try not to look while entering buildings. I took the knife (I call it a tool) to my truck and the guy never saw my CC (he was pointing right at it). Blew me away...idiot! He later got canned for harassment...

Clackamas Town Center does have signs saying no guns allowed. Now, does anyone with a CHL really pay attention to those signs?

I was returning home from a movie on a very hot day leaned over on my motorcycle once and noticed that the car behind me at stop lights was staying far behind me, like almost a car length. It occurred to me after I got on the freeway that my gun might be fully exposed because I was wearing a thin t-shirt and my motorcycle jacket. I pulled my jacket down and took off at high speed just in case they called it in, but on hindsight, I probably didn't need to do that. It just might have been my paranoia, and besides, my CHL legally allows me to open carry in Portland anyway.

My mom didn't even have to hug me to notice. She saw it from across the room. I never could hide anything from her.
Other than that, I don't think anyone's noticed. Even my wife can't tell, she has to ask.

Just a few good friends have noticed, no big deal to them. When I first started dating my girl we were havin a bonfire at the local beach with a few friends and she put her arm around my waste right on the butt of my xd40. She asked what it was and I told her, she had a few questions that I was more than happy to answer (why do you carry?, is it loaded?, you carry with one in the chamber? etc.), but she has no problem with it at all.

I've been meaning to start a similar thread on the reactions of Woman and Men.

When i reach for something in a store or do anything that causes my shirt to ride up some people have noticed. I'm not trying to show off or scream "I have a gun!" But it happens. Especially in Summer.

Women just smile and go about there business. Men tend to get a little paranoid and maybe a little more polite. (I know my profile says Portland but i live in the Hillsboro.)

Lefty.

Just a few good friends have noticed, no big deal to them. When I first started dating my girl we were havin a bonfire at the local beach with a few friends and she put her arm around my waste right on the butt of my xd40. She asked what it was and I told her, she had a few questions that I was more than happy to answer (why do you carry?, is it loaded?, you carry with one in the chamber? etc.), but she has no problem with it at all.

she's a keeper.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top