JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was getting gas a while back, and I walked into the convenience store to pay with a $50 bill. I am a well dressed guy, with two cute girls in the car, driving a nice car. Well, some paranoid anti-gunner called the police. Somehow they got my cell phone number through my license plate, even though my vehicle was registered to my father at the time. (?) They called me, at which time I was almost a hundred miles away, and told me to be more careful. They were nice about it, but they hinted at what I was doing as being illegal. Then, the real kicker, the officer mentioned that the department sent eight squad cars. Eight...
...Seriously?

The officer was very professional, friendly, and didn't seem mad or try to lecture me in any way that I felt was arrogant. I give them serious credit for that. Had I been around when they showed up, I might not be telling the same story.

Concealed means conealed:)

Legally, you're wrong. Open carry applies to CHL holders, too. Don't discount a right we have, even if you or I don't exercise it. I'd rather not be paranoid about going to jail for accidentally showing a weapon. Having open carry legality is a VERY GOOD THING.

I got physically subdued by 4 police officers once about 15 years ago at Clackamas Town Center. At the time I was wearing a long sleeve button up shirt over a tucked in shirt and was carrying my Sig in a holster at about 9 oclock (lefty). This method had never printed much for me. Apparently I was standing on the top section of the mall looking over the railing (people watching most likely) and someone from below (ground floor) was looking up and saw just enough of my gun or holster to become Terrified. They called police who rushed me from front and behind. Police grabbed both arms and asked me if I had a gun. I said, Yes I do. They took me into a private area and we had discussions about my CWP, my intentions and my apparent lack of understanding that it was Illegal to carry in the mall. In the end we parted ways with no real damage done, a good lesson in carry procedure and now I'm more careful when I carry at the mall (oops, I mean in a hall) :s0131: :s0155:

Unless representatives of the mall ask you to leave, or ask the police to ask you to leave, the police have NO reason to tell you to leave. The only thing that could happen is that you are trespassing because you refuse to leave, you cannot be "ticketed" with carrying, as it is COMPLETELY LEGAL if you have a CHL and you carry concealed.

I'm perdy sure that my cover has been blown a time or two while out grocery shopping, bending over to pick something up, or carrying one of my boys.

I'm sure people have noticed but nobody said anything and I have yet to have a confrontation with the po-po's over it.

I think somebody caught me the other night and laughed.....

I've heard of glock leg, but glock chest? I carry locked and loaded, and I would never "throw" an internal striker anywhere on my body without a holster, that's an accidental discharge waiting to happen IMO. Hey buddy (playful chest punch) BOOM! Woops?

That's just funny right there.You know nothing of Glocks?

Moe ,owner of FWD guns had a customer give him bubblegum about AD and Glocks.Moe threw his Glock over the guys head and it bounced around on the floor.
The customer panicked of coarse,but the employees laughed.
Moe just told him it would never go off without pulling the trigger.
Sorry to jack the thread.

I haven't had my cover blown yet, I carry a Glock 26 in a Cross Breed Super Tuck Deluxe Holster. I am a t-shirt and jeans kinda guy, but I always wear an under shirt tucked in. I used to be paranoid about people knowing I carry concealed but my current method of concealment seems to do the trick.

The only person who has noticed is my mom, and that was because she felt it when she hugged me.

+1 on that! And my sisters, too. They all know I have a permit to do so and there's no questions.

I once had a guy at work try to poke me in the ribs and he felt something solid. Should have seen the look on his face! He knew what it was and didn't say a word.:D

To my knowledge, it's never been noticed that I am carrying. Even when getting hugged. Then again, it's usually a Kel-Tec that I'm packing.

I sometimes do try see if I can spot when other people are carrying. I've only been able to once.

one time.......... a guy in guitar center quietly told me, "your s**t is showing" when he saw the bright silver backstrap of my 1911 slightly exposed... he was just looking out, and since i was in a hurry (they were closing soon) i didn't change into anything that would work with a holster... so, my pocket was the next in line. I actually had a nice conversation over it with him, he saw my USMC and soldier's memorial tat's on my arm, told me he just got back from the sandbox (he was army) etc. Guns DO make great conversation pieces, and there are still good people, they must just stay home more frequently than 10 years ago.

As far as I know I've been made once while CC'ing. I was in the Best Buy parking lot at Cascade Station. I had just pulled my son's stroller out of the car and bent over to set it up. I was carrying 5 o'clock OWB but had a hoody over it, or so I thought. When I bent down my hoody rode up just enough to snag on my Glock. The guy walks by and says,"You're showing." Doesn't even miss a beat, just kept on walking.

Now I'm waiting on a Supertuck. My wife wanted ideas for Christmas. I gave her a list of ideas and it basically read," Scope, new cell phone, rifle, CrossBreed Supertuck Deluxe in Horsehide with standard clips for a Glock 23, knife, earplugs."

My wife wanted ideas for Christmas. I gave her a list of ideas and it basically read," Scope, new cell phone, rifle, CrossBreed Supertuck Deluxe in Horsehide with standard clips for a Glock 23, knife, earplugs."

Okay, I understand it all except the cell phone :confused: At least do the honorable thing and move it to last on the list instead of #2 :D

Moe ,owner of FWD guns had a customer give him bubblegum about AD and Glocks.Moe threw his Glock over the guys head and it bounced around on the floor.

Thats cool, throw loaded guns around, pack your glock without a holster, maybe you can be the first one with glock chest. :s0155:

I was going into a bar last weekend and a particularly sharp doorman noticed the chl under my ID when I removed it from my wallet. He just quietly asked if I was carrying which I happened not to be and there was no problem.
I do use the previously mentioned technique of going in low for hugs to keep from eliciting surprise in public, but it's difficult when embracing short people. Perhaps I should adopt a polite bow instead...

Fun and games until the trigger gets snagged or there is some type of mechanical malfunction.

Your friend is an idiot.
"That's funny right there, you know nothing about firearm safety?"

The ex found out i was CCin at a bar(i was dd for the night) after her friend hugged me and asked what was that? The exes friend says ago and continued to dance while my ex throws a fit... she is my ex for a reason. The current gf feels it says what's that i tell her its my glock and she says oh wow i feel safernow. Is it chambered i say yes and she says i trust your safe but when we are alone please tell me why that's safe. That was about 4 months ago. She now wants an OFA class for xmas so she can get a CHL too!

While I agree a fist is unlikely to pull the trigger, a finger poke could easily do so.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top