Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anyone ever hear of "Super-X" brand ammo?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Jan 26, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

My dealer gave me a box of .357mag "Super-X" with the S&W m66 I just talked him into selling me (his personal gun). He said it is pretty hot loaded stuff. They just came in a brown paper box with a printed band around it that just says "Super-X .357 magnum, handgun cartridges" on it. I am thinking they might be re-packs of the Winchester rounds, like Double Tap or something. Anyone ever know of anyone doing that?

2. Bend

Bend Central OR Member

Super-X was a sub-brand of Win many years ago. However, it was in a bright yellow box not a plain brown paper. What are the markings on the bottom of the brass cases?

3. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Winchester still sells shotgun "super-x" ammo still IIRC, I think its new production. But I've never seen any handgun super-x

4. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

I found a box of Western Super X 22 LR'S in one of my old ammo boxes last week. Must be at least 20 yrs. old, yellow box, made by winchester. Hope that helps!

5. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

These guys have Winchester Super X pistol rounds...

10649_ts.JPG

6. Ryan

Ryan Beaverton Or Member

I got a box of Win 22.lr, that looks like the same box as above, at walmart the other day. Cheap, but neither my 22/45 or 10/22 likes it though.

7. daddio

daddio portland Member

The 9mm works fine in my XD.