JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Holy thread resurrection, Batman. As to the question, I couldn't be paid to fire a Röhm. (Then I found out they made them in .44 Magnum. While that is my favorite handgun cartridge, oh, hell no! :p)

img_0643%20(large).jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

But, in all seriousness, whatever fun can be had, go for it. Glad to hear that project worked out @jes2001. :D

My gosh they look horribly built. I mean just look at it, holy cow. I had a plastic cap gun as a kid that looked to be better built. I mean just Wow. Makes me cringe to look at it and you couldn't pay me to shoot one. Life is too short to mess with garbage like this imo.

A34CF0F3-BC43-4C0B-9C1D-B8544A620F24.jpeg
CC2AEAB9-6F84-4C37-A5D1-ADD12EC61371.jpeg

Last Edited:
My gosh they look horribly built. I mean just look at it, holy cow. I had a plastic cap gun as a kid that looked to be better built. I mean just Wow. Makes me cringe to look at it and you couldn't pay me to shoot one. Life is too short to mess with garbage like this imo.

View attachment 867038
View attachment 867039
Got the one on top for my Dad because he had one back in the 70s.
Barrel loosely fitted, maybe 1/8th " of rotational play. That front sight? Yeah, it's a plastic ring pressed on to the muzzle. Slop in cylinder, cracked grips, missing something else I'm sure.
Never shot it. Hopefully he didn't either.
Left him with a couple hundred rounds of 22 short anyway.

In my limited experience, the RG10 really is that bad. A friend of mine inherited one. I gave him a box of .22 short and we took it out in the woods to shoot. The brass tended to bulge back into the frame and bind after each shot, and then he was holding it in his hand with the hammer cocked, and it went off on its own. The barrel was pointed in a safe direction, but as a veteran, longtime gun owner, and overall cautious guy, it really shook him up that it had happened, and he said that little gun would never be fired again.

I had one given to me at one time long ago, and it was just as bad. I would shoot it from time to time, and it does fine, but ONLY with the powder-less kolibri .22 short ammo. The pressure in those is so very low that I think it can handle them OK.

I've got a little Rohm in .25 acp. A few years ago a gal had a couple/three of her deceased husband's guns she wanted to sell off. I helped her with them and took them to an OAC show. Even I, a relative noob, knew there was something off about that Rohm. The bluing was coming off and it looked like some zinc, or something, pot metal slide. I told her she'd probably have to pay someone to take it so I still have it, with a box of ammo! Never shot it though. It came with a great little belt holster. All I need to find is a Colt 1909 pocket pistol that's not too expensive.

Hey all, a friend of mine brought me an rg10 in .22 short to see if it would shoot. After extensive cleaning we got to fire it with no issues. Noticing that the front sight was bent we tried to straighten it only to have pot metal break off. I ordered a barrel with a good sight off ebay, just to figure out they are not the same. The one off ebay is threaded and come to find out the one on my friends has splines. Are there just the 2 versions or are there more? Any help would be awesome! Thanks, Jimmer

Hey all, a friend of mine brought me an rg10 in .22 short to see if it would shoot. After extensive cleaning we got to fire it with no issues. Noticing that the front sight was bent we tried to straighten it only to have pot metal break off. I ordered a barrel with a good sight off ebay, just to figure out they are not the same. The one off ebay is threaded and come to find out the one on my friends has splines. Are there just the 2 versions or are there more? Any help would be awesome! Thanks, Jimmer
Roehm also make a series of so-called 'schreckpistolen' that fire a tiny tear-gas or other irritant cartridge for self-protection. You might had gotten hold of such a barrel.

Roehm also make a series of so-called 'schreckpistolen' that fire a tiny tear-gas or other irritant cartridge for self-protection. You might had gotten hold of such a barrel.
Very strange, all markings and dimensions are the same except the barrel attachment.

You want to know what hapends if you keep shooting a Rohm for a while after it starts spitting lead?....Well I'll tell you, the top strap breaks. Mine was the single action .22 cowboy style 6 shooter. That was my first and last Rohm.

You want to know what hapends if you keep shooting a Rohm for a while after it starts spitting lead?....Well I'll tell you, the top strap breaks. Mine was the single action .22 cowboy style 6 shooter. That was my first and last Rohm.
Oh I can about imagine. I had one in my crap gun box that had split. I showed it to him so he knew the risk and all he really wants is it to be in the original condition because it was his dads. I got the sight off of both barrels finally and it is blued waiting for install tomorrow. Be safe all, Jimmer

That looks just like a lot of High standard revolvers.. which were made with some sort of "alloy" frame.

View attachment 250392
Zamak. A zinc alloy which is used in Ruger grip frames and Colt Frontier Scout frames and grip frames. I think the poor SW380 was made almost entirely of it. Many of the usual make-and-run suspects have used it, such as : JenningsBrycoStallardLorcinJimenezDavisRavenLoPoint and others who are allergic to steel.

Oh, and for you daredevils out there, feast your eyes on the Rohm RG57 "Destitute Harry" 44 Magnum!

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 3.34.58 PM.png

Last Edited:
I remember the RG comming out for sale at Payless drugstore here and nib they sold for $10. The were built for poor people to have a gun to defend themselves with but got canceled because they were considered a "Saturday night Special". Guns used by criminals.

Yep cheap and not accurate but better than no gun at all.

I remember the RG comming out for sale at Payless drugstore here and nib they sold for $10. The were built for poor people to have a gun to defend themselves with but got canceled because they were considered a "Saturday night Special". Guns used by criminals.

Yep cheap and not accurate but better than no gun at all.

Yep it was probably already mentioned above that it was one of these that hincleky used to shoot Reagan. crazy F got 3 hits resulting in 3 poeple incapacitated (including Brady), 2 misses (1 of those hit bulletproof glass of the car), 1 deflection off car that hit Reagan. He used devastator billets, only one of which went off as designed (I think it was Brady hit but not sure). U can still buy devastator bullets. These guns make me want to retch when I look at them. Utter garbage.

Last Edited:
Zamak. A zinc alloy which is used in Ruger grip frames and Colt Frontier Scout frames and grip frames. I think the poor SW380 was made almost entirely of it. Many of the usual make-and-run suspects have used it, such as : JenningsBrycoStallardLorcinJimenezDavisRavenLoPoint and others who are allergic to steel.

Oh, and for you daredevils out there, feast your eyes on the Rohm RG44 "Destitute Harry" 44 Magnum!

View attachment 1025367
Holy crap! I believe the technical term for that gun is HRD (Hand Removal Device).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top