JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are the modern-day equivalent of the old 'saturday-night special' and should be given the same degree of care and attention. I've never seen one that wouldn't have been better under the well-applied sledgehammer of a determined blacksmith.

tac

Haven't fired one, and wouldn't, but this may interest you:

my-little-gun.jpg

They later morphed into the RG14, which is what John Hinckley used in 1981 to try and kill President Reagan.

I've owned a Hi-Point, I would take them any day over these.

The .357 magnum Rohm will give you a thrill.. wondering if your hand will still be there.
I'd fire the .22. Just make sure that it locks up and be mindful of the barrel/cylinder gap as they (and many others) are prone to shear bullets and spit lead fragments sideways at considerable velocity.

Haven't fired one, and wouldn't, but this may interest you:

View attachment 250179

They later morphed into the RG14, which is what John Hinckley used in 1981 to try and kill President Reagan.

I've owned a Hi-Point, I would take them any day over these.
Thanks All, :s0155:this is what I figured. That's too bad they are a just a cap gun on steroids because I think it could have been a nice little ''back up'' gun:s0099: and they look kinda cool. Like a Derringer, cool looking but a close up gun. As far as HI POINT, I have heard a lot more positive than negative reviews and they have a lifetime warranty.:s0008: At least with that, if you don't completely blow up your hand you get another try at it.:s0103: Not knocking HI POINT completely, ''but'' a lifetime warranty is a double edged sword.:s0092: The product is very reliable or junk,:s0098: So ?

Thanks All, :s0155:this is what I figured. That's too bad they are a just a cap gun on steroids because I think it could have been a nice little ''back up'' gun:s0099: and they look kinda cool. Like a Derringer, cool looking but a close up gun. As far as HI POINT, I have heard a lot more positive than negative reviews and they have a lifetime warranty.:s0008: At least with that, if you don't completely blow up your hand you get another try at it.:s0103: Not knocking HI POINT completely, ''but'' a lifetime warranty is a double edged sword.:s0092: The product is very reliable or junk,:s0098: So ?

I had no problems with my Hi Point, I think they get more of a bad rap than anything. The SCCY CPX pistols are also very nice, just a bit more than a Hi Point, but also have a lifetime no questions asked warranty. Personally, I think a lifetime warranty is a sign that they have some faith in their products, otherwise a lifetime warranty can cost them a lot of money in the long run. Hi Points are heavy, and ugly, but my .45 JHP was one of the most accurate guns I owned at that time. But given the small price difference for a SCCY, I'd go for the lesser weight and nicer styling of the SCCY.

upload_2015-7-31_19-55-16.png I have a Burgo .22 LR of the same quality made around the same time in West Germany. Cheap pot metal yes but reliable still and pretty accurate.
This one is a pic off the net but mine is in the same shape. They also made a shorter barrel version.
If I saw another in a pawn shop I'd gamble $100 a clean one.

Ya, etrain 16, I have heard more good things about Hi Point than bad. Your testimony is the kind that I hear about them being ugly and heavy but reliable and accurate as well as good price. :s0108:That's where I think people assume they are low quality because they are cheap, and being ugly and heavy does not help. I would gladly shoot one:s0017: and not be worried about it and I know that lots of people would rather put down anything that is not pretty and perfect, :s0117: without even knowing the truth about it.:s0076: Like Myself I would much rather own an old FORD F- 350 Diesel 4x4 :s0043:that I know is reliable for less money, than buy a pretty, polished HUMMER that is over rated. :s0086:

I've got a Rohm .22 that I had given to me, I've never shot it and have no plans ever to, it's pretty much junk. On the other hand my SCCY 9mm is in the car at all times I am. It's a damn decent pistol for it's size and price.

View attachment 250274I have a Burgo .22 LR of the same quality made around the same time in West Germany. Cheap pot metal yes but reliable still and pretty accurate.
This one is a pic off the net but mine is in the same shape. They also made a shorter barrel version.
If I saw another in a pawn shop I'd gamble $100 a clean one.
That looks just like a lot of High standard revolvers.. which were made with some sort of "alloy" frame.

th?&id=JN.ESKzJF45pNYY3FO9lbOkYA&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

I had no problems with my Hi Point, I think they get more of a bad rap than anything. The SCCY CPX pistols are also very nice, just a bit more than a Hi Point, but also have a lifetime no questions asked warranty. Personally, I think a lifetime warranty is a sign that they have some faith in their products, otherwise a lifetime warranty can cost them a lot of money in the long run. Hi Points are heavy, and ugly, but my .45 JHP was one of the most accurate guns I owned at that time. But given the small price difference for a SCCY, I'd go for the lesser weight and nicer styling of the SCCY.
Ooh, interesting.
I saw this.. which is a good thing..

"Hammer firing system: double action only, internal hammer with inertial firing pin to prevent accidental discharge if dropped."

LMAO. 13 replies and no one has ever fired a Rohm RG .22 even ONCE. I think that may be a testimonial
to the high level of common sense and intelligence possessed by the members of this forum.:)

FWIW--I also have held one in my hand---but felt no urge to fire it. And I'm a guy that's put a pile of
ammo through a Jennings J-22.

LMAO. 13 replies and no one has ever fired a Rohm RG .22 even ONCE. I think that may be a testimonial
to the high level of common sense and intelligence possessed by the members of this forum.:)

FWIW--I also have held one in my hand---but felt no urge to fire it. And I'm a guy that's put a pile of
ammo through a Jennings J-22.

:) Yep, I've seen them in gun cases, never had any desire to own or shoot one.

That looks just like a lot of High standard revolvers.. which were made with some sort of "alloy" frame.

View attachment 250392
Yeah, it has a spot on the side where an emblem of some sort used to be and for years I thought it was a High Standard because others had said so. Then one day I took off the grip and saw the word Burgo.
If you look them up they have models that look very Rohm-like.
It had had a lot of wear when I got it but it doesn't shave lead yet although there is a bit of flame cutting on the top strap.
I'd chance firing/buying a Rhom that was in good condition in .22 no problem.
Larger calibers???:eek: Probably not.

upload_2015-8-1_20-22-18.png
upload_2015-8-1_20-23-5.png
Here's a Burgo .22 short selling on Armslist next to the Rhom. I'll bet they were made by the same manufacturer back in W. Germany when there was a W. Germany!
I like my Burgo for what it is. A cheap plinker.

Just wondering, are these little Revolvers as bad as what I hear ? :s0092:Waste of $ or fun little collectible gun ? Paper weight or just a wall hanger ? :s0054:Like a Hi Point, I hear some say junk :s0098:and others say reliable. :s0155: :s0076:Don't know ?
I just got a Rohm rg10(Liberty model) and love it. It is worth the money and time if you get one that needs fixing up. I was kinda skeptical because of all the bad but love the gun! It shoots well and is a fun little gun to shoot!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top