JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The upper is done . this picture is it on my 300 BLK out lower I have different lower and stock for it .
Lol im doing three builds at the same time .so little on this little on that .lol IMG_20180508_110347.jpg

I'm hoping the 18 inch will help out I got a scope and a 3lb trigger and a JP ENTERPRISES BUFFER FOR IT .i will be happy if I can reach out to 500 consistently.
Lol I can't see past that anyway with out my glasses on LOL

I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to long distance Shooting KINDA learn as I go.lol.
I have a friend that is a doctor that has some very exspesive guns that he shoots way out there .lol he tells me I need this and that.
I have to remind him.all the time.your a doctor.
I'm a truck driver and my bank account will not allow me to get THIS AND THAT .LOL

24" isn't going to get you any better accuracy or velocity than an 18" or 20" barrel. Just more weight.

Like I said I don't know about it but I agree with .
@Kruejl .the 223 or 5.56 has its limits

It does. And there is such a thing as too much barrel. In a 24" .223/5.56 combo, the powder is already fully burned before the projectile leaves the barrel. So the extra length does nothing but add weight and possibly worsen barrel harmonics.

I had this discussion with a few guys at work when I talked about the 18 inch barrel .
One guy said just get a 20 .
The other guy said get 18 inch there will be a difference between 16 and 18 but there will not be a difference between 18 and 20

The original M-16 was specified with a 20" barrel in part because of the ballistics of the time and the slower twist rates for 55 gr bullets!
Then the M-4 came along with a much shorter barrel but better ballistics and heavier bullets, both shoot very well, but the M-4 is at a disadvantage when the ranges get out there! So, today we have all these choices, so you need to look long and hard at what you want the rifle and caliber to do, then decide which way to go!

One day I will have an A4 style build with a 20" barrel. It basically is the semiauto version of the USMC flat top 20" A2 stocked rifle. A4 due to flat top receiver, and depending on year, either round full handguards(older) or the quad rail option (newer and in common use with USMC w optics).
Not sure what optics yet. May go for 3 or 4x-10x adjustable plus fold down rear sight

I've successfully and repeatedly hit 800 with an 18" heavy profile Noveske barrel. Nothing longer is needed.

20" barrel with flattop receiver and a 4 power scope works great out to 600 yards in high power competition. I use 80 grain bullets, but some people use 77 grain bullets. Match this coming weekend (July 28 and 29) at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top