JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ummmm because cool kids. Nah but in all seriousness, suppressors help with muzzle flash and noise so even in a full blown war scenario it'll still help if you're in a concealed area and trying to prevent your location being known plus the obvious while on the move and you come into contact with enemy forces (while trying to not be seen and are) you ain't gonna take off your suppressor because you've been spotted you just send rounds down range and find cover.

They do help in a slight recoil reduction and keep you from going deaf as quickly as you would with out one.

They are worth the money if you can afford one to add to your gear.

I used them from time to time on my M21 when I was on deployment in various "exciting" locations...:D
Less noise* and muzzle flash was the primary advantage to using one...which is helpful when one is trying to stay hidden.
Andy
*Edit to add....
But nowhere near as quiet as the movies make 'em out to be.

Last Edited:
I had one when deployed on my TRG-42, VERY effective in dissipating if not outright hiding the intense Muzzle Flash and Blast, especially when shooting close to the ground! As far as noise, you still had the loud "Pop" of the bullet well above super sonic, but it really took the BOOM and made it much more bearable, but you still wanted hearing protection if you were gonna be anywhere near me!
I used them from time to time on my M21 when I was on deployment in various "exciting" locations...:D
Less noise and muzzle flash was the primary advantage to using one...which is helpful when one is trying to stay hidden.
Andy

I had one when deployed on my TRG-42, VERY effective in dissipating if not outright hiding the intense Muzzle Flash and Blast, especially when shooting close to the ground! As far as noise, you still had the loud "Pop" of the bullet well above super sonic, but it really took the BOOM and made it much more bearable, but you still wanted hearing protection if you were gonna be anywhere near me!
You're only going to do so much to tame a 300 WM or 338 LM.

Yup, but is Does Help, especially the .338 LM, that sucker makes a YUGE boom and flash!
Actually dampens recoil quote well too!
Nice! While the recoil and concussion are less than 338LM, I've wanted to shoot a suppressed 12 ga for some time now. The suppressors I've seen for them are the size and shape of a brick. :)

Last Edited:
In war, it's likely flash suppression combined with hearing protection, or at least a modest attempt not to impair the soldiers hearing any more than it already likely is.

They come in handy when you are surrounded by a bunch of Karens and you need to put down a couple racoons at 3AM in the morning that feel the need to always fight outside your bedroom window.

***DISCLAIMER***MTpockets is Low Speed and High Drag. All of MTpockets input is Speculative (He barely knows what that means)****DISCLAIMER***

Many have mentioned Flash Suppression. I would think that this would benefit the User (and user's team, if applicable) in avoiding detection, in lessening visual disturbance in low light situations, and also helps reduce airborne debris in enclosed or confined spaces.

I imagine firing multiple unsuppressed weapons inside a dusty dark building while using NVGs and IR illuminators would look like a Disco (or Rave) in a sandstorm.

Dance Party GIF by saregama

I am ruling out Disco 😳...Going with Rave 😵‍💫
tamil GIF

Comms. Concealing muzzle flash.
Thanks all. Makes sense for sure hiding muzzle flash and if trying to pass some tactical comms with a guy booming right next to you, I see where this would help.
***DISCLAIMER***MTpockets is Low Speed and High Drag. All of MTpockets input is Speculative (He barely knows what that means)****DISCLAIMER***

Many have mentioned Flash Suppression. I would think that this would benefit the User (and user's team, if applicable) in avoiding detection, in lessening visual disturbance in low light situations, and also helps reduce airborne debris in enclosed or confined spaces.

I imagine firing multiple unsuppressed weapons inside a dusty dark building while using NVGs and IR illuminators would look like a Disco (or Rave) in a sandstorm.

Dance Party GIF by saregama

I am ruling out Disco 😳...Going with Rave 😵‍💫
tamil GIF
Honestly, my White Sound FOSSA MD is better at flash suppression than a can, especially under NODs. A few bursts with a can and that thing is a glowing white* torch under NV. Minimizing the concussive forces, especially it close quarters of an urban environment, is major plus, that and the diminished report aid in communication among team members and the ability to listen to the ones surroundings...hostage screams/moans, tango footsteps, comms between bad guys, all that.

* or green depending on the tubes.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews