JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pretty amazing accomplishment!
Sucks it "RUD'd" (rapid unscheduled disassembly) after about 5 mins. But truly astonishing.
Glad America is pioneering this venture.

12:23:03 CST meet the robot cams
Right around 5:26 pm CST is liftoff.
T +6:20 *-LANDING-*
T +14:35 RUD

SpaceX in the clouds for luck. I cant make this up..

20210303_151248_HDR.jpg

Last Edited:
I think of stuff like this as when people were trying to fly for the firs time. Most of us who fly now do not even think about it when we get on a jet. Some alive today will probably get on some kind of rocket one day to fly and not give it a thought. They will watch stuff like this and laugh. When they get ready to test this kind of thing with a pilot they will have no shortage of people who want to be in the damn thing even when some of them die. I well remember when the unlimited Hydro's were being developed here for the boat races. Back then if one "lost it" on the race the driver just died. There was no expectation to find him alive in the water. Still no shortage of guys who wanted to drive those boats for us to watch.

Are you into hydros? I rebuilt some of them for Seattle Hydroplane and Raceboat museum. A bunch of the boats i helped rebuild were in the movie "Madison" with Jim Cavezel (Spelling?)

I used to work for boeing on the 787 Through the test program. Sometimes im amazed they dont have more issues. The battery test building for their new lion batts burned to the ground testing them batts.
I gotta say boeing could be amazing. But some of the people that work there just didnt care. Union attitudes abounded.

But getting back to what you said. Yeah i think about that as well. These are the shoulders of giants being made everyone else will stand on. And this will soon be the golden method for success. Cheap, reliable, repeatable.

Are you into hydros? I rebuilt some of them for Seattle Hydroplane and Raceboat museum. A bunch of the boats i helped rebuild were in the movie "Madison" with Jim Cavezel (Spelling?)

I used to work for boeing on the 787 Through the test program. Sometimes im amazed they dont have more issues. The battery test building for their new lion batts burned to the ground testing them batts.
I gotta say boeing could be amazing. But some of the people that work there just didnt care. Union attitudes abounded.

But getting back to what you said. Yeah i think about that as well. These are the shoulders of giants being made everyone else will stand on. And this will soon be the golden method for success. Cheap, reliable, repeatable.
When I was a kid my Father did some work on one of them at one time. So we got to see some race time up real close on Lake Washington, and got to see some of the drivers. They were a "different" breed for sure. Father and his brother both raced stock cars but those with very rare exceptions no one really got hurt. Those early boats when one flipped the driver just died. Still people wanted to get out there and drive them.
I was at a stock car race when I saw a driver actually get killed which did shake me a little when I would see my Uncle race. Since for once a wreck actually was not just part of the entertainment. :eek:

In all of the landings it always seemed to me that they came down too fast/hard.
Yup. Was smart they finally decided to light up all three. I was surprised they all stayed on that long. They (rocket engines arent supposed to like deep throttling) so i figured three would be too much energy output for stability. But it seemed to do great.
As they noted toward the end of the video it actually bounced.

No cringey music this time! I like the announcers. They sound like they're really having fun.
Idk if ive heard cringy music (im sure i have and ignored it) they are dweebs but they are my kinda dweebs. Sometimes they have me in stitches from their left field banter.
Its great back ground entertainment.

Like the comment about if the heat shielding tiles made it through.:s0114:

I can't wait to see some nice compiled & edited and "enhanced" videos showing the highlights.

No cringey music this time! I like the announcers. They sound like they're really having fun.
Sounds like they just passed static engine test this morning. Temp flight restrictions are posted for tomorrow (Tuesday the 23rd) and Wed (the 24th)
Weather is good tomorrow, Should be a good show as usual. If not tomorrow Wed. As fun as watching them blow up is i actually hope they land this one.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top