JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Why would the US end up paying for it?"

Seriously?
It seems to always end up with us paying for most if it...in either in blood or treasure.
....most of NATO, most of the UN, most of several nations defense budgets, most of the relief supplies, and on, and on...

Last Edited:
Ya know, I think any big place that would host the Olympics will have its own set of problems. No matter where it's hosted, folks will find the deserved faults.

More than that...I used to tune in to the Olympics. I no longer have any interest. So if I'm like many others that have lost interest, it doesn't matter where they are hosted. If anything, there's benefit in just keeping the Olympics away from here.

WAYNO.

"Why would the US end up paying for it?"

Seriously?
It seems to always end up with us paying for most if it...in either in blood or treasure.
....most of NATO, most of the UN, most of several nations defense budgets, most of the relief supplies, and on, and on...

One thing for which the US gov't hasn't paid is Olympiads held outside of the US. The primary burden has always been on the national and city governments of the host city. Why this would magically change if they were held in the same foreign city each time around (rather than a different one each time) is not answered by equating the Olympics with NATO. In fact, so long as we make sure the permanent Olympic location is outside of America, we'd actually spend LESS on the Olympics than under the current system because under the current system the Olympics are still occasionally hosted by the USA (in fact, Chicago was a finalist in the selection of the 2016 host city and Los Angeles is currently a finalist for hosting the 2024 Olympics).

Who knows? Maybe having it in the same place each time may even make the whole endeavor profitable. The biggest problem financially is that billions are spent and then most of the facilities and infrastructure lies abandoned the day after the games are over. It's like spending all this money to build and open a store with the deliberate plan of only running it for 2 weeks and then closing up shop forever and then trying the same thing over elsewhere several years later again and again. Having it in the same place permanently could actually allow for a return on the investment.

NATO was mentioned because it (like pretty much every room mate the US shacks up with)... starts out as "let's split the costs" to become "don't worry, the pizza's on me" very quickly.
Really though, there's no reason to get all "real" about it, because it'll never happen.
There's too much National pride tied up in it to ever let it go to one country.

That's why I vote for Antarctica...
...neutral turf, beer stays cold, plenty of parking, locals are funny and dress well.

slapping-penguin-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last Edited:
Mogadishu would have been a slightly better choice. Or Pyong-Yang, perhaps?

tac
Hey now, in the PRNK you could have the "Swim to Freedom", one could climb the side of the empty apartment buildings as if you were rock climbing. "Digging to Freedom" with tunnel making, how to separate corn from animal feces for survival....

I'd like to see that Tubbafet in America without his bodyguards for an hour or two. I have some donkeys and a baseball bat that need to meet him up close and intra-personal.

I've seen too many undercover documentaries of that nation.

THAT'S the state of Rio's "ladies"...?

I think I'd rather take a flare gun to my privates...
....probably burn less!

What's the Portuguese word for HazMat Suit?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads