JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From what I know of Rio De Janerio, yes. A mass of some of the very most wealthy people in the world, partying within a mile or two of one of the biggest crap-holes/open sewers in the world.

Maybe they can do like China did, closing all the factories during the games so the air was breathable, only Rio can get a HUGE tarp and throw in over all the slums so no one notices?

You mean a place with hot guys and valuptuous women and a sexually transmitted disease?
What could go wrong?
Oh, were you talking about the crime rate? Or how they say there is a secondary government there?
(My friend mentioned this and I asked him if the Olympics were in Washington DC)
It will be fine:confused:

The Olympics will continue to struggle as more and more countries realize it's generally a money losing proposition. The cash outlay to construct the venues and infrastructure is enormous and usually in the billions. Moreover they simply don't generate enough revenue to pay for it all. Add to it that the majority of the venues go unused once the Olympics are finished.

Personally, I think the Olympics in it's current form is living on borrowed time. I suspect in the future we will see the events scattered across multiple countries to take advantage of venues that are already in existence as well as distribute the crowds so no one country has to spend so much on infrastructure improvements. Alternatively, they can stick to a very few locations that are probably already equipped to handle an Olympic. Los Angeles comes to mind. But again, there just aren't that many places large enough to handle something the size of the Olympics.

Its a perfect place! Maybe they will show all the slums of Rio...

Slums_in_Rio_de_Janeiro_21.jpg

Out of the 4 finalists I can't understand why they chose by far the worst possible one, the others being Madrid, Chicago, and Tokyo.

It may take some of the supposed fun out of it but maybe they should just do the Olympics in the same place each time around. At least that way the venues and infrastructure wont become abandoned and it can go back to being more about the sports rather than each city going bankrupt trying to outdo the last Olympics.

maybe they should just do the Olympics in the same place each time around

The problem with a permanent location is that the USA would end up footing the bill for most of the costs of a steroid enhanced UN type bureaucracy.

But if one place HAD to be picked, I'd vote for Antarctica...
...Summer AND Winter.

Last Edited:
The problem with a permanent location is that the USA would end up footing the bill for most of the costs of a steroid enhanced UN type bureaucracy.

But if one place HAD to be picked, I'd vote for Antarctica...
...Summer AND Winter.

Why would the US end up paying for it?

So I heard they have this beautiful beach where the volleyball is going to be played, However, there's one small problem.....body parts keep washing up on shore.

Hope nobody accidentally serves a severed head

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top