JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I prefer the size and weight savings of MLok over picatinny quad rail ( I don't mess with KeyMod but same concept) and everything from light mounts, wire control systems, finger stops, sling QD's, to vertical grips are available in both MLok and KeyMod there is no need to add a pic rail section to either unless you are being cheap and insist on using existing pic equipment. If buying new stuff then it makes zero sense to me to buy pic without a specific reason. I have exactly one pic rail section for Mlock and it is QD for a bipod on my 18" SPR when I want it on there.

The lone exception is lasers and in that case the pic rail should be integral to the handguard and not an added section, a 12 o'clock position makes sense there so even then a Mlok/KeyMod handguard still makes sense.

They also aid in cooling the barrel, so no I don't think they suck.

Last Edited:
I generally only put two types of items on my rifles.

Cans = don't care about the rail setup.
Optics = Pic.

The rest of it I'm with the others who say to each their own. Although I don't know why someone hasn't just repackaged all their old pic rails and re-branded them, "tactical rails." They'd sell out of inventory in a day.

Because TACTICAL.

Now where did I put my Bell & Howell tactical shaver?

But you're not mounting optics to the handguard anyway, right.

..... you're not... right?
Depends on the type :rolleyes: laser/ir laser? Yea... mini red dot in front of BUIS? Sure. Old school eotech on handguard in front of fixed carry handle? Who does that? :rolleyes: :p

Edit. I've never seen an AR set up like a "scout rifle" with long eye relief scopes for what its worth... so far.

View attachment 734349

As opposed to the above?

Or feeling like you're holding a cheese grater if you don't have rail covers.. :rolleyes:
View attachment 734350

But seriously though, there exist a great many products that directly mounts to keymod or m-lock slots without a rail...

Guess you missed two key points in my OP....

Here they are again....

1) Not everyone has soft hands that have an issue with quad rails.

2) Some run with a vertical fore-grip. As opposed to the "cheese grater"....

Maybe less coconut lotion for your hands??

Last Edited:

Here they are again....

Maybe less coconut lotion for your hands??

Ummm... so I suggest running a bare quad rail with a ez bolt on fore grip... Maybe? :s0092:

Have quad, M-Lok and Keymod fore ends. Also have thick callouses on my hands.
Hate the quad because the diameter is wrong and it's heavy.
Don't give a hoot about mwhat or keyhole because the only thing that gets mounted is front and rear sights. As long as the diameter is right and it balances well, I'm in.
I don't need hand lotion because I seldom wash my hands. When I do, like I have to use pumice soap at job sites a lot, the lanolin rubbish at Dollar Tree works great. Smells something awful, though.
Coconut is for those who want to mask the mown grass smell :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Here they are again....

And not everyone with soft hands have an issue with M-Lock or KeyMod :rolleyes:

and again, there are direct to M-Lok/Keymod
vertical foregrips and mounts for pretty much everything under the sun.

Maybe less coconut lotion for your hands??[/B]
Thats nice. Bless your heart :rolleyes: can't legally run vert foregrips on a pistol as an example, and certainly; there is the aesethics to consider... again,I'm just pointing out that the same damn arguements have been around since at least the first time someone mounted a pic rail on the underside of a CAR handguard :rolleyes:

Can we keep doing this?
It's awesome - I can lean back and not use my glasses.

Mister Magoo | Mr magoo, Old school cartoons, Vintage cartoon

You still have to buy rails. Then you need to make sure you buy ones specifically designed for keymod or M-Lok, no to mention MOE. For those of us who use vertical fore grips and don't have an issue with picatinny rails roughing up their creamy, coconut lotion hands, it's just a hassle, not to mention mounting these tiny little rail screws with hands the size of elephant ears.
Let me try this again.

*buys a bare free float tube or other handguard sets before MLok/Keymod/monolithic railed handguards* you still gotta buy rails for them. Then you need to make sure the rails fit the tube, and there's the M5 or smaller allen hex head bolts that ya gotta torque just right... for those who don't use coconut lotion, or run vertical foregrips, its not a big deal, just a little hassle screwing the rails on... :rolleyes:

Quad rail hand guards suck. They're heavy, they have those lame numbers every so often in the rail and they catch all the dirt and grime thrown at them.

No thanks. And I don't have creamy white hands.

Well every once in a while if I'm lonely. Although these days that's not often.

And not everyone with soft hands have an issue with M-Lock or KeyMod :rolleyes:

and again, there are direct to M-Lok/Keymod vertical foregrips and mounts for pretty much everything under the sun.

Thats nice. Bless your heart :rolleyes: can't legally run vert foregrips on a pistol as an example, and certainly; there is the aesethics to consider... again,I'm just pointing out that the same damn arguements have been around since at least the first time someone mounted a pic rail on the underside of a CAR handguard :rolleyes:

That's a great straw man argument. You can't run a vertical grip on a Ferrari/pistol, because everyone has one of those, and you can't do an SBR with a Form 1 if you were one of the minority who has one... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Quad rail hand guards suck. They're heavy, they have those lame numbers every so often in the rail and they catch all the dirt and grime thrown at them.

No thanks. And I don't have creamy white hands.

Well every once in a while if I'm lonely. Although these days that's not often.

Be sure to post pics of those creamy white hands on those lonely nights :D

In all seriousness...I heard you use a latex glove and olive oil anyways...the same glove over and over again, you know, because supplies are limited right now.o_O

That's a great straw man argument. You can't run a vertical grip on a Ferrari/pistol, because everyone has one of those. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Actually, it is the BATFE/ATF who says that putting a vert grip on a pistol consitutes changing the design into either a SBR or AOW. Now if your AR has an OAL greater than 26", then it isn't a "pistol" but a "firearm" until some jerkwad adds an actual buttstock to it, then it becomes a "SBR" :rolleyes:

Be sure to post pics of those creamy white hands on those lonely nights :D

In all seriousness...I heard you use a latex glove and olive oil anyways...the same glove over and over again, you know, because supplies are limited right now.o_O

I'm flattered you used your imagination to conjure up images of my love life.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top