JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New TV series on AMC:

The Walking Deer

'Cept those are a Z world type zombie. Dumballah creates the Haiti zombie deer.

I wonder what a 28 Days Later deer would be like... they rip you a new one? Better be careful!!!

Or maybe some 30 Days of NIght deer up above the arctic circle... those pipeline workers better watch out!!!

Not really, but I don't sit watching for them either.

Had a doe under the apple tree a few days ago.

I am more than rural, being up on a mountain in a forest, so plenty of deer here, but they are more wary than in the city because of the cougars and coyotes and hunters.

Not really, but I don't sit watching for them either.

Had a doe under the apple tree a few days ago.

I am more than rural, being up on a mountain in a forest, so plenty of deer here, but they are more wary than in the city because of the cougars and coyotes and hunters.
Yep , town deer have pretty soft instincts. Cars are literally their greatest risk.

CF330405-611B-48B4-8376-2C19E9F75C69.jpeg

And what is it that creates "zombies" and if they are from Haiti, why do they need to be zombie deer and not voodoo practicing deer??? There may be some of each, the way those denizens are known to go after each other! ;)
Voodoo practicing, dear??

Funny you should ask! Here at Westlake Resort, where we're staying, I was standing on the step to the deck yesterday taking video of a doe standing 5' from me. Never been that close to a deer before! They wander through here pretty regularly between the lake and the house. We watched her munch the hosts tomatoes before we got face to face.

I used to see them them in pairs or threes around this time a year when it starts to get dark earlier. Nothing for 2 or three years. The development around here is crazy. I also would see a coyote or two in the open fields. Haven't seen one in a while. The coyotes where getting bold wandering out in daylight near the roads.

I have noticed that there is a group of three does that tend to hang around together. I see them around my property and as far down as the base of the mountain, often with at least one fawn. There is also another single does that comes across my property often with a fawn.

I don't see bucks very often, but once saw a group of three.

The all like my apple tree.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads