JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've lived in the same area just outside the city limits of Snohomish Wa. for almost 25 years and I've had maybe 10 deer wonder thru my yard over the years , in 2021 alone I've counted 43 deer hanging out in my yard, Doe , a bunch of spikes and a few big mature bucks 5 or 6 large 3 points to 4 × 5s I'm just wondering if anyone knows why this is happening if anyone has a theory please let me know . Thanks guys .

We're not enjoying the invasion of 2 to 4 nearly daily , up to as many as 8 on occasion. Local wildlife authorities gave 'hazing permit' for them & turkeys. No real explanation, lots of maybe for the rural version of homeless. swarms.

It could be due to the increasing cougar population. My wife subscribes to some website where people post nature photos from around Oregon of everything from ghost towns, landscape scenery, to wildlife.

For the last few days she's been going on about all the trail-cam photos of cougars, with one capturing a cougar tackling a yearling sized elk.

We don't water so our lush green lawns are seasonally crispy brown under foot. This season started in June. I did see young buck in our yard nibbling the blackberry leaves over the fence on the other side.

Nope. Not in my yard anyway. We typically have lots of deer browsing in the winter. But it's pretty much resident deer that are living in town anyway. Where I used to work seems to be a magnet for big bucks yearround ... it's weird to see them laying down at a building that is right next to the railroad tracks... they like apple trees and people's gardens.

Every year we get about two more deer in the yard, and figured out there are two groups of five now (saw them brawl over turf one day).

Lack of water due to the drought conditions, forest fires pushing them away from the smoke, increased pressure from predators were not allowed to hunt and manage properly,............
Yea, even here in Salem, were seeing more deer then ever, and they seem to be hanging around like they are going to stay, lots of water, idiots who feed them, no predators, and the city dosn't care!

Sort of like the homeless city campers!

We have our share of resident deer but more tend to show up about midway through archery season and during rifle season of course. My theory is there hasn't been a hole ton of pressure from hunters over the past 10 years and numbers are exploding. For the record I'm in black tail country and not commenting on muley's.

Last Edited:
Right now I'm looking a 4 does and 5 fawns laying in my yard. The last few days I have counted 25 or so. The fires have pushed a lot more out of the high country. I'm in the upper foot hills. Right where the oaks end and the pines start. DR

Deer don't need to spend days looking for toilet paper, read or have Netflix...
.... so, when everything was in lock-down this Spring, all they could do was pass their time makin' lotsa little deer? :s0155:

We've had roughly the same amount year after year for the last 5/6 years.
Only noticeable change is that the horns are more prevalent and a couple are starting to look pretty big.
Bear in mind that big is a relative term when describing little coastal mini deer.
Oh yes I know about those lil coastal deer from living in Brookings. They are sure cute, but they are also yard pests! I never hunted deer there, always traveled over to Chemult area to meet a friend and chase muleys.

I think they're being imported from Haiti
Hmmmmmm. "Black-tail" deer then? I wonder if they will put the voodoo hex on hunters this season....

Oh yes I know about those lil coastal deer from living in Brookings. They are sure cute, but they are also yard pests! I never hunted deer there, always traveled over to Chemult area to meet a friend and chase muleys.

Hmmmmmm. "Black-tail" deer then? I wonder if they will put the voodoo hex on hunters this season....
No, zombie deer come from Haiti.
Know your urban legends.

Screenshot_1.png i-can-has-brains.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads