JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This was one of multipal contracts to built these Prison transport cars that totaled quite a number. Where are they now. Is the true purpose incase the boarders in the US was to be over run as stated?

The rail cars in question, were know as auto-stack cars. I never saw one that had any chains, etc... inside. That does not mean that they could not be added.

The auto-stack cars were originally made in portland and later production models were made in mexico.

Greenbrier, which owns gunderson, has plants in Europe, Mexico, Canada, and the United States.

I have never seen any of the cars in the picture used, and see no way to be used as a car carrier. Apparently there are quite a number of them being stored somewhere. These contracts where big $$$$. They where not secret but rather back page news that made no sence.

Why would you need Manacles? The railroads took to shipping automobiles in these to keep people from riding in the autos. It was a pretty cushy trip, at least that's what I heard!
You don't see how they could transport autos? go down to the yards and look at one! Jeez!

I have never seen any of the cars in the picture used, and see no way to be used as a car carrier. Apparently there are quite a number of them being stored somewhere. These contracts where big $$$$. They where not secret but rather back page news that made no sence.

I was told during the gunderson production run, that these railcars were needed to stop thefts from new cars and trucks that were being shipped. The sterio's, seats and other parts get stolen.

For loading, they just push the railcar up to loading docks, open the doors at the end, adjust the deck height and drive the vehicles in and strap them down.
The auto-stack cars have a deck in the middle, that can be raised or lowered, depending on the vehicle's being shipped.

They do look kind of like a cattle car from the outside, but when the doors are opened, you can see the deck in the middle, etc..

Maybe, they are just using them to haul vehicles for now, untill they have another use for them in the future, who knows.

If the feds want to detain or move us citizens, the plans are in place already. Take a look at, Rex 84, NSPD 51, Patriot Act, NDAA and many more.

The feds can take over all, us air space, rail lines, roads, waterways, privately owned planes, railcars, power grids, etc... even food production and distribution.
The list of powers that the feds gave themselfs, for the continuity of government and fighting terrorism, is staggering.

Remember on 9/11 and the days after, no aircraft were allowed to fly, unless the feds gave the ok, which they did not do, unless they wanted to fly somewhere.

MAN its like talking to a stuborn 3 year old

Heres photos of the cars sitting in the Portland rail yard

http://library.oregonmetro.gov/files/historicbrooklyn.pdf

heres a photo of VW's stacked up in them

http://media.timesfreepress.com/img....JPG?ba5b5b122dd3d37cc13d83e92a6a0ec0d5bfa32a

and some others

<broken link removed>

You might not want to be spreading this kind of wild fiction someone might think you mentally unstable and ask you about your guns.

Your first comment in this thread put you on the correct list.

He may have been a welder at Gunderson, or a barfly or both. May have been BSing you but really; the government likes guys like us to talk about this so we sound like nut cases.
Thanks PaulZ that explains it completly, I guess what the welder at Gunderson told me at the time was wrong then....

MAN its like talking to a stuborn 3 year old

Heres photos of the cars sitting in the Portland rail yard

http://library.oregonmetro.gov/files/historicbrooklyn.pdf

heres a photo of VW's stacked up in them

http://media.timesfreepress.com/img....JPG?ba5b5b122dd3d37cc13d83e92a6a0ec0d5bfa32a

and some others

<broken link removed>

You might not want to be spreading this kind of wild fiction someone might think you mentally unstable and ask you about your guns.

As an ex-railroader I can tell you that the cars in these pictures are common auto carriers or auto racks as we in the industry called them. The side shielded design has been in use for many years, its purpose is to cut down on vandalism, theft, and other damages. I spent almost 20 years running trains, been to Brooklyn yard more times than I care to remember, not once did I ever see anything remotely resembling a "prisoner transport car". If you wanted to transport a bunch of unwilling people then any old box car would suffice, they all have hasps on the door mechanisms so slap a pad lock on one and nobody is getting out of there. We had tons of stored box cars sitting around on sidings and unused branch lines, if the government needed a car to load people into there would be no reason at all to build anything new.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top