JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to love camping and would camp in the cold and rain when I was a kid. The older I get (not old, 35) the more I feel like a complete sissy.
I hate the heat, and I like being comfortable without bugs and dirt.

But I do want to get my kids into camping when they get old enough.

Go easy on him.
He has Fear of the Boogie Man.

:D

To date every time I've encountered people like him, including here, I find out they are living in an apartment and broke as a joke at some low income job.

An acquaintances wife called me the loser at the table one time at their apartment (paid for by his mommy, his first time moving out at 35). She thought her hubby was going to become a CPA and make 75k a year (he has been trying to complete his 2 year degree for 12 years...at Devry...with mommy footing the bill as he fails classes constantly). You should have seen the look on their faces when I told them how much I make and that I pay more in taxes than both of the combined gross, lol.

Yep, I succeeded on my own since 18 (paying my own way the entire time) and did my Masters at one of the best business schools in the world in just over a year, paying cash up front, and pay more in taxes than both of them combined gross and I'm the loser...:rolleyes:

I guess no regrets has better things to do like work a six figure job, manage his millions in rentals and complete an MBA...

To date every time I've encountered people like him, including here, I find out they are living in an apartment and broke as a joke at some low income job.

An acquaintances wife called me the loser at the table one time at their apartment (paid for by his mommy, his first time moving out at 35). She thought her hubby was going to become a CPA and make 75k a year (he has been trying to complete his 2 year degree for 12 years...at Devry...with mommy footing the bill as he fails classes constantly). You should have seen the look on their faces when I told them how much I make and that I pay more in taxes than both of the combined gross, lol.

Yep, I succeeded on my own since 18 (paying my own way the entire time) and did my Masters at one of the best business schools in the world in just over a year, paying cash up front, and pay more in taxes than both of them combined gross and I'm the loser...:rolleyes:

I guess no regrets has better things to do like work a six figure job, manage his millions in rentals and complete an MBA...
Some people don't like to camp. It's just an opinion and it's just the internet.

I have met lots of wealthy people who don't like to camp.

Cum l
I have met lots of wealthy people who don't like to camp.

But he is not wealthy and doesn't like to camp....I am, and I like to camp. Your point is irrelevant.

My point is he insulted me by stating some of us (as in him) have better things to do. My point was that I have considerably better things to do than most people here and I still go. It's actually a way to wind down from all the stresses I face. No need for his personal attack. All he had to do is not post or just say I don't like it, not that he has better things to do. As you can see, I have much better things to do...so his comment is irrelevant.

Like what? I work a full time job well into the six figures, own and manage millions in rental property and just completed my MBA.

Heck I just bought two more houses worth 800k.

What do you do?

Well, he does not brag about it in every post he makes on here, and has respect for his fellow posters. Save your I am better than you bullsh*t for some other place.

Well, he does not brag about it in every post he makes on here, and has respect for his fellow posters. Save your I am better than you bullsh*t for some other place.
Umm...you seem to be hard of reading. He was the one that said he has better things to do...remember? I merely pointed out I have much better things to do. Jealous much??? Don't post in my thread if you don't like peoples insulting remarks about how they have more important things to do get squashed with reality.

Better things to do, lol. What a joke. And here come all the low income people who are offended.

Umm...you seem to be hard of reading. He was the one that said he has better things to do...remember? I merely pointed out I have much better things to do. Jealous much??? Don't post in my thread if you don't like peoples insulting remarks about how they have more important things to do get squashed with reality.

Better things to do, lol. What a joke. And here come all the low income people who are offended.

Your thread ??? Jealous of some blow hard braggart who feels compelled to talk about his alleged wealth and brow beat others??. Not hardly.

Be careful who you sh*t on the way up, because you will have to pass them again on your way down.

And since our mods have this wonderful "IGNORE" feature on here, I can now add you to the short list of people whom I have better things to do than read their crap posts, and trash up a good discussion board.

Have a nice day and go count your money or rental houses or what ever measurement you are using today.

trolling.jpg

Like what? I work a full time job well into the six figures, own and manage millions in rental property and just completed my MBA.

Heck I just bought two more houses worth 800k.

What do you do?

Whoa there hoss, looks like your buttons got pushed. I'm glad you're a productive member of society. I can see why you feel you must suffer some penance for your success by sleeping on the ground.

Me, I only touch six figures if I work overtime. I wasn't out camping last night because I was conducting surveillance on a home due to a tip that some crazy was going to attack some woman who had one of those non-bullet-proof protection orders against him. We got him later that night, but it was too late to go camping. But, I guess I can say I deal with real boogeymen vs your hypothetical boogeymen?

Been in LE for the last twelve years. I only own one home, but I consider it to be fairly nice. I have a beautiful wife and a newborn child. Can't take the infant camping yet, but I will someday because I see the value in it. I will probably love that time with her, I'll just hate the camping part. I'll keep that a secret in case she really likes it.

I am surrounded by salt and freshwater fishing opportunities. When I do have time to myself, I'm out on the water in my boat. Usually I take my retired dad to get him out of my mom's hair for a day. We live in different houses.

Last Edited:
Cum l

But he is not wealthy and doesn't like to camp....I am, and I like to camp. Your point is irrelevant.

My point is he insulted me by stating some of us (as in him) have better things to do. My point was that I have considerably better things to do than most people here and I still go. It's actually a way to wind down from all the stresses I face. No need for his personal attack. All he had to do is not post or just say I don't like it, not that he has better things to do. As you can see, I have much better things to do...so his comment is irrelevant.

I truly meant no insult to you and may not have worded my comment the best way. I have better things, in my opinion, to do than camp. You might have better things to do than fish. I wouldn't be insulted as a fisherman.

Last Edited:

i just realized you live in King County. This explains your stress level. I'm glad you have something other than self-medicating that you can do.

Geezuzbubblegummingchristo!! All the money in the world can't buy a bubblegumming personality or class... it CAN buy a larger wiener, but it'll still look fake and eventually it'll fall off... oh yeah, it also can't make you taller or satiate the syndrome typically associated to those of that stature, although it CAN buy some shoe-lifts and a step-stool.

It can also buy a couple of bricks for you to walk around and carry under your armpits... ya know, to justify walking around with your arms held up because "pride" is invisible... to some.

:rolleyes:

O.K. thats it!!.. Administration needs you to ALL! fill out this hurt feelings report and have it sent back by tomorrow morning.Administrators are working diligently to get this resolved....... Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 3.14.25 PM.png

Last Edited:
Wow, somebody threw a camp-out/scout jamboree and a dick measuring/wallet thickness contest broke out!

Who knew eh?

:D

Now maybe some folks will understand why I like camping, but I'm not crazy about campgrounds!

Hurt feelings??? Those are for snowflakes. What we need is a flame room, turn off the bubblegum filters and let her rip. I am on a flame board for 13 years now. We hate each other, call each other names , insults are the norm and hurt feelings will get you ridiculed. Some of the BS statements in this thread are juicy flame fodder really.

You bet I love camping! Fishing and hunting are great reasons to go, but not the only reasons I'd need.
Living in the coast range offers some great opportunities to get out and the back yard property line butts up to a 630000 acre national forest which I've been known to grab the go pack and well, go for several days at a time by myself. I enjoy the heck out of it.
We too have a motorhome but more times than not it stays parked in the barn as the wife, a few Grandkids and myself will load up and head east for a week of grouse hunting, fishing and tent camping in the blue mountains.
When we head over it's never to a campground, it's open land camping and we always seem to have a blast. The kids love it and I'm more than happy to take them as that's just the way we did it as youngsters with my family back in the early 60's. Thanks dad!

Any chance to go camping is a win/win to me. Did the whole tent camping as a young adult with friends, but have graduated from a pull behind trailer to a 5th wheel. Hoping that when retirement gets closer that we can hit the road and do some traveling across this great nation and see the sights.....

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads