JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't know whether it's the opportunity to bust out the long stuff or just the simplicity of living off the grid for a while, but I love camping and do it year round, in the rain, freezing temperatures, snow, etc. I have the setup for it of course so it makes it less wet and cold, but I just love camping. Obviously I love it more in the warmer/dryer weather but just getting out from the consumerist society and living the simple life for a couple days cleanses my soul.

If I didn't have cats as pets I'd seriously consider putting my stuff in storage and just traveling the country for a while camping out of my car. So fun!

I lived in the SW OR USA woods for about one year building the Armstrong Solar Cull Pine and Blow Plywood Palace. Used a cheapo WW 2 man 5x7 tent. Used a plastic camo tarp fly with para cord. Brushed snow off the tarp in the winter. Tarps on the ground. Rain tight. Had a good bag. Also had "Goldie" my 60 pound Yellow Lab. Much fun. Stayed warm. Built the cabin. Long ago. 25 years now. :)

I can live in the woods on the ground and the grandkids LOVE the non announced over night stay in the woods with just what is on their person. Perfect time of year for another non announced ... but lovingly anticipated by the kids drill. Not comfy but fun. Passing it forward. The grandkids are getting smart now understanding the value of caches. Even small ones. Secret with them. Cheating? No. :)

I sure do.
Once retirement hits I'm hoping to load the pickup with the tent, stove, tarp(s), cooler and water jugs and hit the road.
I've always wanted to camp (and fish) my way across America, but I think I'll start with the 7 western states and see how that works out.
Well, with the exception of California anyway, (for obvious reasons) but I camped there plenty in the old days.

demotivation.us_Looks-like-someone-is-excited-About-camping_139954958194.jpg

Ray

I like camping a lot. Another forum I am on, Usual Suspect Network, has a camp out every July that the OR and WA members attend. We usually have 12 - 20 attend including a couple of other members from NWFA. Up in the mountains above Sisters OR. We camp for 4 or 5 days. Shoot guns, throw hawks/knives, hike, eat really really well and sit around the campfire at night with a good scotch and a cigar. Good times with good friends. Maybe NWFA should look at putting one together.

Last Edited:
I like camping a lot. Another forum I am on, Usual Suspect Network, has a camp out every July that the OR and WA members attend. We usually have 12 - 20 attend including a couple of other members from NWFA. Up in the mountains above Sisters OR. We camp for 4 or 5 days. Shoot guns, throw hawks/knives, hike, eat really really well and sit around the campfire at night with a good scotch and a cigar. Good times with good friends. Maybe NWFA should look at putting one together.

Good on you, this is good stuff. I do this except I do it with my gf. The blonde haired, blue eyed girl looks like a princess but is as tough as Rambo. She rolls harder than some people on this forum., lol.

I like camping but it is means to an end for me - there must be fishing hinting or at least shooting attached to said trip. Otherwise for me theres not much draw. I don't mind day hikes to hike but prefer hiking in to fish someplace.

I do especially love night time in camp lounging about the camp fire and watching the flames and bsing with friends and fam. Like sitting up watching it die to embers too sometimes after everyone else turns in.

I can see where @No_Regerts is coming from. Most of my adult camping trips have been centered around some other activity like hunting, riding in the sand (dirt bikes, ATVs and sandrails) and fishing. These days I camp out at the race track on the big weekends.
As a child my family camped often. Sometimes when we crossed the country to Indiana and back, like we did every other summer. Other times just for a family trip to the beach, or a forest campground, where hiking trips and playing in swimming holes was all that was needed for a destination.
Last summer I took my grandson camping at the beach with no specific plans in mind. Bike riding and playing in the ocean were the main activities, but we also did some exploring and visited some historic areas. I hadn't done anything like this in years. It was the best thing for me to do at the time, too. This summer we're doing the same thing. Maybe not the same destination, but the same kind of vacation.

Yeah, I like camping.

I like camping, as long as it involves my 23 foot travel trailer. Prefer hook ups for the wifes happiness, but we are going to some dry camps this year.

I have done wilderness camping, survival camping, horse packing and camping and elk camps over my life time. My parents exposed me to it and it stuck. Like the coast, and now that we have property in Central Oregon that will see a lot of our time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top