JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went down to try out clamming this weekend and it was great...aside from the kids complaining and sitting in the truck rather than getting their limits my wife and I got our 15 each within an hour. I know how to fry them and can bake them but I am sure some of you have better ways to cook these bad boys.
I am going to do this more often as it was a lot of fun pulling these big suckers out of the sand! Just need some cooking tips as it is all new to me.

clammies.jpg

Creamy Razor Clam Linguine with Parsley and Chives (4-6 servings)

Ingredients:
•1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
•3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
•1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
•1/2 cup dry white wine
•1 cup heavy cream
•3/4 pound linguine or other long pasta
•1 1/2 cups razor clam meat, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
•Salt (to taste)
• Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
•1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
•1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
•1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
1.Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2.Heat the oil, garlic, and pepper flakes in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook,stirring occasionally, until the garlic is tender and begins to sputter, about a minute
3.Add the wine and cream, bring to a simmer, and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, 8 to 10 minutes.
4.After you add the wine and cram, add the pasta to the boiling water, and cook according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta, but do not rinse.
5.Add the clams to the reduced sauce, salt and pepper to taste, and simmer until the clams are just heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. (They really don't take long to cook.)
6.When the pasta is done, transfer it to the pan with the cream, then add the chives,parsley, and Parmesan. Toss to coat the pasta with the sauce. Transfer the noodles to bowls, spoon the sauce and clams on top, and serve immediately, topped with additional Parmesan, if desired.

Creamy Razor Clam Linguine with Parsley and Chives (4-6 servings)

Ingredients:
•1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
•3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
•1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
•1/2 cup dry white wine
•1 cup heavy cream
•3/4 pound linguine or other long pasta
•1 1/2 cups razor clam meat, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
•Salt (to taste)
• Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
•1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
•1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
•1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
1.Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2.Heat the oil, garlic, and pepper flakes in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook,stirring occasionally, until the garlic is tender and begins to sputter, about a minute
3.Add the wine and cream, bring to a simmer, and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, 8 to 10 minutes.
4.After you add the wine and cram, add the pasta to the boiling water, and cook according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta, but do not rinse.
5.Add the clams to the reduced sauce, salt and pepper to taste, and simmer until the clams are just heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. (They really don't take long to cook.)
6.When the pasta is done, transfer it to the pan with the cream, then add the chives,parsley, and Parmesan. Toss to coat the pasta with the sauce. Transfer the noodles to bowls, spoon the sauce and clams on top, and serve immediately, topped with additional Parmesan, if desired.

That sounds freaking great! I am going to head to the store for the stuff and give this a shot. I am now starving after reading the ingredients! Thanks!

Da Best Clam Chowder;)

Brown 1lb bacon, 1 medium onion, and 1 cup chopped celery in large stock pot or dutch oven. Add 1 cup of flour, saute until thick. Stir in 5 cups clam juice, and 5 cups of water and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add 5 to 6 large diced potatoes and bring back to a boil, stirring frequently. Add 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots, 1 limit of chopped clams, and seasonings*. Simmer until potatoes are just tender. Add 4 cups heavy whipping cream, heat back up (do not boil) and serve with butter and parsley as garnish. :s0116:

Seasonings;
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
1-2 teaspoons white pepper

Just made clam fritters tonight. Grind the clams in a meat grinder and add crushed up crackers, diced onion, corn, garlic . Mix in a couple a eggs beaten and any spices ya like then fry em about 5 minutes a side on med. I fry em in half butter and half olive oil. Good with fresh tarter sauce or even ketchup. Goes good with a cold Mirror Pond and some crab legs.

IMG_0225_zpsqd55eu6r.jpg

Don't ruin Razor clams with weird things, Just clean them roll in egg batter and cracker crumbs and pan fry hot and enjoy them. To make stews, goulashes fritters and things like that is sacrilege for razor clams. They taste to damn good to maim them like that :D Just hot pan fry them battered and eat. Better than a Prime rib eye.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fih.constantcontact.com%2Ffs071%2F1103123744257%2Fimg%2F38.jpg

Just made clam fritters tonight. Grind the clams in a meat grinder and add crushed up crackers, diced onion, corn, garlic . Mix in a couple a eggs beaten and any spices ya like then fry em about 5 minutes a side on med. I fry em in half butter and half olive oil. Good with fresh tarter sauce or even ketchup. Goes good with a cold Mirror Pond and some crab legs.

LOVE fritters! They may be my favorite way to eat clams, with white, not red chowder coming in a very close second. I have never heard of putting corn in them though, we just grind them up, put an egg or two in, enough bread crumbs until they hold their shape, S&P to taste, and fry in light olive oil--really emphasizes the taste of the clams.....*drool*

This a pretty good one from a well known member of ifish. It's what I do when I've already breaded and fried, and made clam fritters. I't easier, less mess and allows the subtle rich flavor of the clams come through.

photo_zpsb063ba5b.jpg

Super simple. Takes about 10 minutes to prep and probably less than 3 minutes to cook.

Mince a couple cloves of garlic into fine pieces and sautee over medium heat with a couple tablespoons of EVOO in a large NON-stick skillet til lightly brown and crisp. Remove garlic pieces and set aside, leaving the garlic infused EVOO in the pan.

Turn the heat up to HIGH… high as it'll go til just shy of smoking.

Cover the pan with a MONO layer of cross-cut clams sliced in 1/4" strips (say 6 clams for two people) that have been lightly dusted with a bit of cornstarch. Add salt ( or favorite season salt), fresh ground pepper, and a sprinkle of MSG (optional for those allergic) while the clams are browning over the next 30 seconds

DO NOT TOUCH the clams during this initial browning. I repeat… just like the patient WAIT WAIT WAIT of herring bite... LEAVE THEM ALONE.

Once brown and nearly opaque, sprinkle with a stalk of chopped green onions (just the greens) and quickly return the crisp garlic to the skillet.

Now toss the whole works for about another 10-15 seconds, making sure to release any of the caramelized goods from the skillet surface. Promptly REMOVE from the heat and stir for another 10 seconds as the clams "finish" from the residual heat in the pan.

I kid you not… total cooking time for the clams is less than ONE minute.

Serve over pasta or steamed rice… or with a loaf/roll of fresh cracked French bread.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top