JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was cruising through the handgun classifieds today and have to admit, it was depressing.
Not only are there very few handguns for sale in WA but for some reason they ALL seem to be in Vancouver.

Didn't even bother to look at rifles or shotguns.
Even if there was something I wanted I just dread it would be 3 hours away and difficult to find a FFL close by to do the transfer. Sunday is typically my free day and many FFL dealers are simply closed.

I'm beginning to really miss the days of buying, selling and trading pistols, long guns, ammo, reloading equipment and magazines with locals.

We always have a chat before the exchange, share a few stories about the gun, swap good guys cards, ID and offer to write up a bill of sale.
Even met a few guys that go to the same shooting range and exchanged phone numbers to meet up for a shooting day.

Buying and selling has never been an unpleasant or sketchy experience for me.
Quite the opposite in fact. I actually enjoyed it. Cruising the classifieds on payday, looking for a good deal.
Sometimes I'd take a ferry over to Bremerton or take a nice Sunday drive up to Snohomish to meet someone.
Often take the wife and dog along for the ride out in the country.
See some sights, take a few pictures, stop for lunch at a mom and pop diner. Make a day out of it.

Yeah, we still go out and do stuff on the weekend but it's just not the same. Gun shows are overcrowded and overpriced. Selection at pawn shops is simply abysmal and I have yet to find a local gun shop with a good selection of reasonably priced used guns.

Coming home with a beautiful deep blue Blackhawk .45 convertible with handmade stag grips or a nice stack of fresh $20 bills sure was gratifying.

Just missing the good 'ol days I guess.

I think WA state banned residential FFL's about a decade ago. Kitchen table transfers they called it.

As much as I'd love to have my own gun store running a profitable business inside King County is becoming pretty much impossible with the current tax structure. Been there, done that, never again.

All the good buys are gone or your stuff sits on the classified pages for a long time. I was super depressed the day it "passed" still am. I miss meeting in parking lots half expecting to get shot and robbed or having the police come, but in reality it was always nice to go for a ride, meet Someone like minded and bs for a while.

actually earned a friend from the trade circles. Now its go to gun store fill out papers pay money and try to avoid conservation as to prevent shop workers from spraying the crap that pours out of their faces. No fun at all. Or them being all like "your trading that for that?"(let me ruin your deal), or they stand around fondling your weapon instead of doing their job.

I still think we need to find a ffl or three to process paperwork for free and send in as many if those stupid pistol registration forms to annoy our local people into at least adding a Cpl exemption.

-- just for a plug, I use SW WA surplus in Vancouver now. They are friendly, helpful, and cool guys. $20 bucks and go.

Not sure but down south in my county we are business as usual, and keep hearing about something about a
SB941 ( sarcasm) . I have one planned specifically after the August date to meet and by pass.
It just so happens to be with a government official all the better.

I-594 is interfering with my hobby. I have been interested in firearms for over 40 years If I see one that looks interesting I would buy it. Try it out for awhile then sell or trade for something else. Just like someone else said going for a day trip to meet someone to do a deal is part of the hobby and a fun experience. I-594 sure is an infringement. And yes it is depressing.

I-594 is interfering with my hobby. I have been interested in firearms for over 40 years If I see one that looks interesting I would buy it. Try it out for awhile then sell or trade for something else. Just like someone else said going for a day trip to meet someone to do a deal is part of the hobby and a fun experience. I-594 sure is an infringement. And yes it is depressing.

Yep I found it fun for me and my sons to do road trips, sometimes for them to buy there own.
We would meet people sometimes even grab coffee. Why that wont change as I wont comply regardless, I do have special precautions I am using to avoid setups. Because I believe 594 and SB941 either wont matter soon, or will be repealed after the next election.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top