JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have purchased a total of 5 of them. 3 of them have major issues. They seem to load ok...but then when I try to use them they will not load the round into the gun.

It is like the tips or font of the round is pointed down somehow and will not slide out. They are even very difficult to unload by hand. In addition, the clips 'feel' like the spring is gummed up :s0092:

Please let me know your thoughts...I am considering returning them and getting Butler Creek Steel Lips.

I should point our that I have been shooting my 10/22's for almost 20 years...and using Butler Creek 25 round clips. So I do not think this is User Error.

Are 3 defective or something?

I have 4 BX-25s and haven't had problems. They feed cheap ammo better than the Steel Lips(at least for me). The spring feels almost the same as the Steel Lips and they unload easily. They've worked fine across both my and a couple friend's 10/22s.

i started reading some reviews...some people are having the same issues as me. ammo is tip down, and jamming in the magazine itself, unable to load, or slide out.

are you chambering from the bolt locked back? I know I've run into some mags that depend on the bolt sliding back over the round to tip it up properly before it'll work properly (which I hate as I always leave the bolt locked back when not in use, always preferred that to using the safety)
Keep us updated on that, I'd like to know if its worth spending twice what I would on the Hotlips magazines I've always used

are you chambering from the bolt locked back? I know I've run into some mags that depend on the bolt sliding back over the round to tip it up properly before it'll work properly (which I hate as I always leave the bolt locked back when not in use, always preferred that to using the safety)
Keep us updated on that, I'd like to know if its worth spending twice what I would on the Hotlips magazines I've always used

No. I would put the magazine in the gun, pull the bolt back and let go...the bolt hits the bullet and then bullet jams into the front of the mag...and the bolt is stuck half open. I cannot even force the bullets out...you have to pull the tip up with a screw driver and then slide them out.

UPDATE- I disassembled the magazines...then reassembled them...now they are fine. I am unclear what the problem was...but now the load and cycle fine!

UPDATE- I disassembled the magazines...then reassembled them...now they are fine. I am unclear what the problem was...but now the load and cycle fine!

That's interesting. The ability to take the mags apart was one of their biggest selling points when I looked at them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top