JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I get the feeling that the general consensus from the membership here is that shows are no good anymore. I disagree, to a point. I like the smaller shows because I can usually find a deal on something I can't live without. It's also a place where like-minded individuals often with similar hobbies congregate. The smaller shows also usually have offerings from local shops that I like to support anyhow. They're just all in one place so I don't have to travel. I especially like the Rickreall show because I always run into a few people I know and some good BSing often takes place. Anyways, if you havent been to the Rickreall show and are looking for something to do on this upcoming rainy Saturday, I'd recommend it.

As far as the Portland shows, F that.:D

P.S. I have zero affiliation with the Rickreall show or any of its vendors or sponsors.

I too like the smaller shows and I think that the Rickreall (Polk Co Fairgrounds) is one of the better ones. Expo costs $18 just to get in the door! Anything else is $8 and the parking is free.

Rickreall is one of the very few I visit every few years now.

For my time & effort, the Albany ARPC semi annual show in March/Sept (free parking) is far more productive of stuff I want/might need/better get another one QUICK/ although the beanie babie; vendors & SmackPsychoConspiracyLibrary Association seem to have abandoned the venue years ago.

My twins graduate from Dallas on Saturday, so I am tied up. The Rickreall show is always interesting, and I think it has more of the smaller and non-professional vendors that the larger shows. Which means that there are a few bargains to be found. ;)

Thanks for the thread Cardoff!

With a mommy in W. Salem and a daughter at OSU, it sounds like I now have 3 good reasons to make a run south this weekend.

Website says free parking and $6 entry. Big attractions for me. The extra gas is a wash since I enjoy a nice drive with a good audiobook after a long week on the hamster wheel downtown.

And smaller venues (like Hillsboro) appeal to me. There, I don't feel conflicted the way I do at Portland Expo, bored to yawning halfway through a too-big show - but making a point of perusing every square inch of it because I coughed up too damn much money to park and get in.

See you guys in Rickreall.

I usually go down on Saturday and get in about 11:30-12. Let the initial rush get through and out. Hate shuffling down the tables w/out being able to pick my feet up!

Ditto on the smaller shows. Rickreall is a good one! As a member of ARPC I always support our, twice yearly, shows. So, I'm putting in a plug here! :D

Aero, congratulations on your high school graduation! I get that high school is a looong, slow, row to hoe, you will be glad you did for the rest of your life! Nambu

My twins graduate from Dallas on Saturday, so I am tied up. The Rickreall show is always interesting, and I think it has more of the smaller and non-professional vendors that the larger shows. Which means that there are a few bargains to be found. ;)

Congratulations to you and your twins, Provincial! An important milestone, indeed! SRG

Ditto on the smaller shows. Rickreall is a good one! As a member of ARPC I always support our, twice yearly, shows. So, I'm putting in a plug here! :D

Aero, congratulations on your high school graduation! I get that high school is a looong, slow, row to hoe, you will be glad you did for the rest of your life! Nambu

Just kidding, Aero! Real congratulations to your grad! SRG

OK...my take on it, as a WA resident.

Yes, I've gone to the show at Rickreall, OR on several occasions in the past.

The show is IMHO a "good one" to attend. Not too small and not too large (like Portland). And, who likes paying for parking at Portland?

Anyway...unfortunately, I'm planning on another gun show for Vancouver, WA on Saturday. If I don't get my fill of gun shows....I'll head out to Rickreall on Sunday. Sorry but, this is the first I've heard of the show for this weekend.

I just wish that someone (friends of a show) would post the up coming shows in a more timely manner. Hint: give me a one or two week notice so that I can plan my weekends better.

I usually search the Collectors West and West Knodel web sights when I'm searching for an event. But....unfortunately, much of the smaller shows don't get the word out enough. This, is another example of that "lack of communication."

Not to mention that IMHO events (such as Gun Shows) should be noted in the............

Events & Get Togethers

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
OK...my take on it, as a WA resident.

Yes, I've gone to the show at Rickreall, OR on several occasions in the past.

The show is IMHO a "good one" to attend. Not too small and not too large (like Portland). And, who likes paying for parking at Portland?

Anyway...unfortunately, I'm planning on another gun show for Vancouver, WA on Saturday. If I don't get my fill of gun shows....I'll head out to Rickreall on Sunday. Sorry but, this is the first I've heard of the show for this weekend.

I just wish that someone (friends of a show) would post the up coming shows in a more timely manner. Hint: give me a one or two week notice so that I can plan my weekends better.

I usually search the Collectors West and West Knodel web sights when I'm searching for an event. But....unfortunately, much of the smaller shows don't get the word out enough. This, is another example of that "lack of communication."

Not to mention that IMHO events (such as Gun Shows) should be noted in the............

Events & Get Togethers

Aloha, Mark
I can't argue that. If someone wants to move it, it's surely not going to ruffle my feathers.

I'm glad to see all the support from everyone for this little show. Good luck to everyone on finding that "good deal". If you see a good one but it's not what you're looking for, feel free to let the chubby fella in the faded 49ers hat know about it. Happy hunting.

I can't argue that. If someone wants to move it, it's surely not going to ruffle my feathers.

I'm glad to see all the support from everyone for this little show. Good luck to everyone on finding that "good deal". If you see a good one but it's not what you're looking for, feel free to let the chubby fella in the faded 49ers hat know about it. Happy hunting.
And if you come and introduce yourself, I'll do the same.

I went to one in Rickreall about a year ago and boy let me tell you I pizzed off a dealer when I laughed at the price he wanted for an 8# of powder I was looking at. He wanted 2 1/2 times what it was worth and I told him that powder is readily available in stores. People walked away from his table. I wont go to another

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top