JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
That sounds like harassment -- have you considered contacting authorities, phone or police?

I have contacted the phone provider twice about this. Both times they were completely and utterly worthless as the representatives could not understand nor communicate in the English language effectively. Like so many tech companies, they have sales in the US, but support aboard.

I have not contacted law enforcement authorities yet. Though it did cross my mind to compile a day or two's list and either file a compliant with the FTC or a law enforcement agency.

Harassment is the most viable option as I'm told the only one in the organization receiving these calls is yours-truly. By who and for what purpose alludes me as:

• There is no one in my life I would even remotely call an "enemy". I get along with most people, personal and business.
  • Competitors in my line of work are few and all legitimate businesses that I would not suspect of engaging in criminal activity for the annoyance of one staff person.
  • I've been involved a good number of romantic relationships over the years, but only two ended truly badly in adulthood; an ex-wife I haven't seen in twenty year and an ex-lover. While both possess(ed) the, how do I put this, moral flexibility, to annoy someone else, neither women have any type of technical skills that would make me suspect caller ID spoofing.
  • Some random InterNut that likes messing with people. Possible, but not likely.

I have been getting the same calls , sometimes back to back when I don't pick up.

OK. So it is not just me. If you don't mind me asking, what provider? I receive these calls on a RingCentral IP phone and never on my personal smart phone.

This could be hold music.

The scammer system places multiple phone calls at once. There are a limited number of reps who can answer. So when marks answer, they're routed. Once the queue is full, any remaining marks are dropped.

If you're hearing hold music, it could be because other marks are already patched through and you're either waiting your turn or about to be dropped. Answer faster next time if you want to eff with a scammer.

That was my first and foremost suspicion when this started. It has since shifted to very obnoxious loops (e.g., chainsaws, engines, traffic noise, static etc.) or bombastic music (e.g., salsa, etc.) that isn't real consistent with hold music. One I deliberately let run and looped the annoying sound for approximately three minutes, then dropped. I called it back and was dumped directly to a voice mail box.

Without getting all "tinfoiled up"....
I wonder if it is a test of some sort of communication jammer....
Andy

I don't normally do tinfoil either, but there are days when, in effect, it is exactly that. The nature of my occupation often involves complete concentration and having wall-to-wall calls of chainsaws, Héctor Lavoe songs, and the rest eventually results in me turning off the ringer and asking another staff member handle my legitimate technical inquiries recorded to voice mail.

I set my cell phone - my only phone to silent. It is actually in the ring tone list you can chose from. Then I set a few groups in my contacts with certain default types of ring tones, one for business associates, another for family etc.

Then with certain family like my wife and my son I have a ring tone for each of them that simply talks and says their first name is calling.

No one who is not in my contact list can not make my phone ring or make any kind of noise. Screw you telemarketers, go ahead and call, you will get nothing.

The only thing I have not figured out, and that still bugs me is even if I block a number they can still leave me messages.... Why? Maybe there is an app for that but I hate installing too many stupid apps, it is a huge security problem.

I did the same thing for text. I have been selling a lot of stuff in CL over the last year and some buyers don't seem to get it, even when I say "text only" in the ad, and they will call me expecting me to answer.

Nope... So in the ads I post now I always say text or call but if you call you will have to leave a message and I will get back to you when I see I have a message.

I have had time to fine tune this over the last year and it is working pretty well. Don't get many calls that ring my phone, and that is the way I like it. ;)

~

I keep getting text messages about some "potential breach of security" with U.S. Bank, a banking institution I have NEVER done business with!
WTF, Over? I also get emails eluding to something sounding like this! No idea what is going on, but I simply ignore and delete all of it!

As with most days, I had a few today. One, supposedly calling from Prineville Oregon, rang me up. The audio was a loop of the sound of a rainstorm. As I was doing "grunt work" and didn't care, I let it run on speaker phone. Over and over that sound file was played. I finally had to get up to do something in another room and killed the connect. No idea what the f ... eh, fornication, the purposes of these calls are. :s0076:

I keep getting text messages about some "potential breach of security" with U.S. Bank, a banking institution I have NEVER done business with!
WTF, Over? I also get emails eluding to something sounding like this! No idea what is going on, but I simply ignore and delete all of it!
Same here bro. It's a robo call identifying themselves as U.S. Bank and requesting I enter my credit card...um, riiiiiiiiiight:s0037:

Ok, I'll admit every once in a while I'll take the call, string them along for a bit then drop the hammer...guess I'm the AH...:D

The electrician got one today from a guy speaking Chinese.
o_O

I don't get them that often.
I notice now that they have software that matches their area code to yours so you think it's a local call.
If I don't recognize the caller, then I just let it go to voicemail.
They usually hang up.

Ok, I'll admit every once in a while I'll take the call, string them along for a bit then drop the hammer...guess I'm the AH...:D

I'm not going to deny it ... if it is a slow day at the office, I've strung along the "your computer virus" crew, with impunity, and hilarity, because I'm a software developer. And some of the other scammers I wildly berated in Spanish or German, chortled at their befuddlement, before hanging up.

:p

And I don't mean telemarketers and scammers, I mean, literally, nonstop calls that has random crap being played. Examples I've heard in recent days on my office phone:

• White noise.
  • The sound of machinery.
  • Traffic noises.
  • Elevator music.
  • Salsa music. (Just had one a second ago.)
I understand why marketing types and criminals call, but what point is there calling someone and blasting a Tito Puente song in their ear? :confused:

Anyway, just curious if I'm the only one or if it is a new "thing". (And, no, I don't have any enemies that I could blame for such jackassery.)

I have heard Doctors say those are the first signs of loosing you mind LOL

Last Edited:
And at the end of the day I had one come in that was the sound of a train steaming along, looped after, roughly, 20 seconds. Now, normally speaking, I wouldn't discount the insanity theory, but, seriously, I'm not that nuts, and what is the point? Most vexing. After doing some deep google-age, I'm not the only one. :eek:

And at the end of the day I had one come in that was the sound of a train steaming along, looped after, roughly, 20 seconds. Now, normally speaking, I wouldn't discount the insanity theory, but, seriously, I'm not that nuts, and what is the point? Most vexing. After doing some deep google-age, I'm not the only one. :eek:

I love the "Chuffing" sound a 100 YO steam locomotive makes. I've been known to travel many miles just to stand by the tracks to hear that. My crap calls are never that good!

I've just gone done with a week long run of 4-5 calls a day, from different businesses, in the 302 are code. That's a Delaware area code. No messages left.

My elderly father and I have the same name, so I get hundreds of scam calls for hearing aids, funeral services, medicare, etc. etc.

The "Do Not Disturb" button on iPhone (looks like a crescent moon) can be set to only accept calls from known numbers. Everything else is blocked. I've found this is the best defense.

I love the "Chuffing" sound a 100 YO steam locomotive makes. I've been known to travel many miles just to stand by the tracks to hear that. My crap calls are never that good!
I had a friend that had trouble falling a sleep.:( So, he used to play a record of steam train sounds. with the, "Clickety, Clack, Clickity, Clack. etc.;)

Among the rest of the, white noise, hanger uppers, auto warranties, etc., I've had a couple of, what I call E.S.L. calls, telling me that the Micro Mush warranty on my computer had expired and it would soon quit working. :eek:
They always hang up right away when I ask them, which of My five computers has the problem. :D

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads