JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have had a couple guns up recently to beat the deadline. More and more especially this week I am getting responses from people with offers of a nice 1911 or a couple other models that far outweigh my 500 dollar guns value.
All of these offers that are lopsided have been from new members with 0 feedback or from Armslist. I have recieved at least 5 due to my adds not being taken down in a timely manner...Who is to blame for that is not the concern here.
I have not responded to them. At this point it makes me nervous to have someone offer a 1200 1911 in "perfect" shape for a lowly Glock or Ruger.

Anyone else seeing this odd trend? Criminals trying to get us to show up or law enforcement checks? Wait would that not be one and the same now?

I won't deal on armslist, and I usually require that you have positive feedback on here.

Yeah I have only dealt with people here for the last few transactions. Still post on Armslist when it is for trade just to see what is out there. I do not think I need to see that anymore.

Usually if it is too good to be true, it is.

That being said, it would not surprise me to see uncommon deals within the next 90 some days. My logic is simply that there may be people wishing to trade or offload firearms registered to them prior and grabbing unregistered replacements prior to the BCG fiasco becoming a reality. I may be way off base, but the idea had occurred to me, so odds are somebody else thought of it too.

A little bit of all of the above.

You got a lot of 2ndA Rights people scrambling to get unregistered guns before the deadline.

You got a lot of law abiding people trying to offload guns that they don't quite know the history of and would rather take less, than get it confiscated later or be stuck with it, even though they bought it in good faith.

Then you have the criminal element trying to quickly offload guns they stole or they know are stolen before the deadline.

These guns will always be out there on the black market but now's the time to re-arrange their inventory I suppose before doing it online amongst the honest law abiding ends.

I suppose in the future online hot gun sales will still be done just as illegal prostitution is. Only a tiny fraction will get caught. It wouldn't be hard to imagine ways to skirt the law or buy across borders if you were a criminal that wasn't picky about the model gun you wanted to use to hold up a Drug Store or whatever else.

Last Edited:
I suppose I agree with all of the above. SO who knows what the person offering more is up to. Could be a real deal and a good offer. Could be one of the many things mentioned above. I can just feel the rat race starting with the offer of a nice 1911 for a Glock.
I can see them just trying to take the ones they do not use out and trade them for non registered models they want. A Glock is a popular choice as well as a lightweight .357.
Maybe I will just enjoy the mad rush and hold out for my favorite 1911! Which is unknown yet but I will know it when I see the offer.

I have this small caliber collector gun I'd trade for that glock. its not much but hope you would consider. would add $200USD as well since it is a little dirty 10GAU8A30mmGatlingGun.jpg

Usually if it is too good to be true, it is.

That being said, it would not surprise me to see uncommon deals within the next 90 some days. My logic is simply that there may be people wishing to trade or offload firearms registered to them prior and grabbing unregistered replacements prior to the BCG fiasco becoming a reality. I may be way off base, but the idea had occurred to me, so odds are somebody else thought of it too.
The thing is, there is no prior registration mechanism in place.

Even if you did buy the firearm from an FFL or at a gun show, you still have plausible deniability if you did so before the UBGC law goes into effect, since the law is not retroactive and they can't force you to say who you sold it to, or where or when. Afterwards is a different story.

OTOH, the idea that they might have a stolen gun and want to launder it to get one that is not hot, that holds some water IMO.

I think a lot of it is people don't want to dick around or be inconvenienced (some even tremendously so) after the law comes to be.. especially if they've been meaning to ultimately sell a few or more lawfully owned guns of pedestrian value.

There are alot of trolls about, but like above people are looking for unregistered guns to bury and a glock holds up well against corrosion :).

A couple times I've gotten deals to good to be real but I'm greedy so I went with a couple buddy's and cased the place first. All worked out.

I bought a ptr-91 kpf last year (the $1500 one not the $900 one) and 1000 round case of 308 for $800. I thought I was gonna get plugged in the parking lot but it all worked out.

There are alot of trolls about, but like above people are looking for unregistered guns to bury and a glock holds up well against corrosion :).

A couple times I've gotten deals to good to be real but I'm greedy so I went with a couple buddy's and cased the place first. All worked out.

I bought a ptr-91 kpf last year (the $1500 one not the $900 one) and 1000 round case of 308 for $800. I thought I was gonna get plugged in the parking lot but it all worked out.
Some people want quick money now (as you found out), not more money then. And or they're lazy and don't check or know what their rig's worth.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top