JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went shooting yesterday morning and had a great time.

Headed back into town and all of a sudden I started sneezing and having to blow my nose like crazy.

By bed time my eyes were burning and itching and I felt like I had the flu (I'm positive it's allergies because it is coming and going today as well).

Anyone else getting hit with the allergy bug yet?

If so, you have my sympathy;).

<allergies> :s0014:

Yes!
Started about a week ago. Eyes have been itching. My sinuses are always screwed up, but my throat has been itchy and eyes have been a mess.

Time to get some Flonase!
I take Claritin D almost year round, and use Visine alergy for my eyes.

Weather changes, signals plants to release pollen (sex).
Depth of winter, Scorch of summer, and all in-betweens.
Right this instant and a couple months either way is Fir, Pine season.
Followed by grass, weeds, trees (in no particular order)
House air filters usually last me a month before I have to clean them.
Then all of the sudden they clog in a couple weeks. Pollen blooms.
My favorite med during the day Loratadine
I snore so I wear a CPAP at night. Filters what I breathe while sleeping.
For me it's the greatest miracle appliance since ...:D

P.S. Rain doesn't clear the air. Pollen floats around the drops

Weather changes, signals plants to release pollen (sex).
Depth of winter, Scorch of summer, and all in-betweens.
Right this instant and a couple months either way is Fir, Pine season.
Followed by grass, weeds, trees (in no particular order)
House air filters usually last me a month before I have to clean them.
Then all of the sudden they clog in a couple weeks. Pollen blooms.
My favorite med during the day Loratadine
I snore so I wear a CPAP at night. Filters what I breathe while sleeping.
For me it's the greatest miracle appliance since ...:D

P.S. Rain doesn't clear the air. Pollen floats around the drops

Didn't know that about pollen:rolleyes:.

Guess I just figured since my sympoms usually subside during the rain that it reduced the pollen count.

Intake loratadine year round and add add sudaphed when it's not enough. Good stuff both of them;).

I've had horrible allergies all my life,
I remember being a kid around middle school age lating in bed at night literally struggling to breath thinking I would die at night. It was really scary.
I still have that at times now almost like asthma.
It's miserable.

Headed back into town and all of a sudden I started sneezing and having to blow my nose like crazy.

By bed time my eyes were burning and itching and I felt like I had the flu (I'm positive it's allergies because it is coming and going today as well).

yeah it freakin blows. been doubling up on zyrtec to get it built up. when the rain stops the allergies start. if it aint one thing its another... BLAHHHH, never happy!!!

I've had horrible allergies all my life,
I remember being a kid around middle school age lating in bed at night literally struggling to breath thinking I would die at night. It was really scary.
I still have that at times now almost like asthma.
It's miserable.

I keep an inhaler near me always during these times of year - always had asthma and allergies, but was always active and mostly healthy.

Some years I get a reprieve and only have them 2-3 weeks in the fall and spring and some years I'm miserable for months.

That feeling of someone sitting on my chest is the worst though and even as an adult can make me pretty uncomfortable mentally as well as physically.

Or better be prepared. THIS and a respirator mask. lol... :D
I feel your pain Joe, Ventolin is my number one EDC during allergy seasons.

Master-Chief---Motorcycle-Helmet--pTRU1-21013587dt.jpg

The wind must have been blowing all that Portland weed & crud Northward...:s0170::s0170::s0170:

yeah it freakin blows. been doubling up on zyrtec to get it built up. when the rain stops the allergies start. if it aint one thing its another... BLAHHHH, never happy!!!

Zyrtec. Or cetirizine. Was once prescription only.
You can buy it in 100 tab cetirizine bottles from the pharmacy without the prescription. It's behind the counter with the other prescription meds.[Even though it's no longer prescription] It costs about $10. And with some insurance like mine. It's free.

Cheaper than the little Zyrtec bottles on the display shelf. Or even the generic packets on the shelf.

You just need to ask the pharmacist about them. ;)

It's the only med I take. And I take it every day.
After three sinus surgeries in my 30's. And allergy shot cocktail's specific to me for 6 years. It keeps my allergies in check pretty well.

When things get really bad. I use Flonase.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top