JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought an Ender 3 a couple years ago, played with it a bit, then got busy and it had been collecting dust since. Since the pandemic started I've been following the 3D printing community's response, and recently got what I needed to join the effort myself - filament, glass bed, and (most importantly) knowledge. I've had my printer cranking out these face mask frames for the past few days. Originally I was going to ship them to California as part of the larger MatterHacker's effort, but I've found a lot of need here in the NW, so I'm going to be distributing them myself. For the face shields, I just ordered 500 of these 7mil clear covers, which should be thick enough to stand up to use in a hospital environment. Lots of companies are marking up their clear covers due to demand; this company actually dropped their prices to support the effort. I'm also looking into buying or borrowing a couple more printers. The fact that they're sold out everywhere gives me hope that others are doing the same. If I've been a little absent lately I apologize, this is why :)

Curious to see if anyone else here is doing this. If so, lets use this thread to share our efforts, help each other, share tips, resources, etc. :s0155:

With this as the logo:
NWFA Logo.PNG

:)

No I'm using all my "toner" making AR lowers to piss of the liberals. I can start adding the NWFA logo if you'd like. :D

Don't be so quick to judge, I know quite a few liberals who print AR lowers too ;)

Anti-gun is a better term.

My neighbor made some masks. They turned out great.

Do you know which model they used? I'd like to find one that could be used to make a mask with normal household stuff.

I have not been printing face shields and other medical stuff with mine, but have been printing other cool stuff! Was thinking of how to print a 2 part frame using PLA for the hard plastic, and TPU for the head band part, but don't have any TPU, and don't have files generated yet!

I have not been printing face shields and other medical stuff with mine, but have been printing other cool stuff! Was thinking of how to print a 2 part frame using PLA for the hard plastic, and TPU for the head band part, but don't have any TPU, and don't have files generated yet!

Check out that model I linked in the first post (file is in the link). One-piece and with the addition of the face shield should be all that's needed :s0155:

I'm sending my first batch up to Evergreen in Seattle. Waiting to hear back from OHSU.

Good guy @Weebs just ordered a printer and accessories, and he's having it shipped to my place, so capacity should be doubling soon. Thanks man!

Check out that model I linked in the first post (file is in the link). One-piece and with the addition of the face shield should be all that's needed :s0155:

I'm sending my first batch up to Evergreen in Seattle. Waiting to hear back from OHSU.

Any one finding spools of material impossible to get? Everywhere I have looked is sold out/back ordered!

I just ordered two more rolls of eSun 1.75mm PLA+ on Amazon, should be here Sunday.

Schweet! Was just looking at the designs, the one you linked looks pretty dang good! Bonus is the files are from a source I already use, so I won't have to tweak it, or do something crazy in slicer!

Great! From what I understand this is the model they're using extensively worldwide. MatterHacker's got it from here.

I have the two printers up, so as soon as I can start, will start printing with what spools I have!

Awesome!

Nerd in me is curious about your setup. On Monday I got the printer setup with Klipper firmware to offload the processing to my Raspberry Pi and OctiPrint so I can control things from my computer. Made a drastic improvement in print speed, smoothness, and the stepper motors are even quieter.

HA!
Once I got my Sovol SV01, I went kinda nutz with everything once I saw how much better it did! Meshmixer and Fusion360 are what I use mostly, with Cura Slicer for quick and dirty! I slave from my laptop through USB to SD adapter, and have much better control with out having to keep track of SD's or thumb drives and adapters!
Did the "Z" axis upgrades, the extruder and feed tube upgrades, stepper motor isolators, and controllers ( smoothers) and the frame braces, and a bunch of cooling mods, this thing flat smokes the Ender Pro, the speed is much faster, it's way quieter ( except the fans) and the prints are amazing! :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top