JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.380's can be large (top) or small (bottom)

406F9EE4-A766-4CA4-9428-6646717A2D15.jpeg

Can shoot lead
7D9C30D2-3F93-44BF-A470-12BE21D63DC3.jpeg

Or ball
F8F4FCD2-29A9-4A59-B5EA-4033C9AA8826.jpeg

That's about it for my Dr. Suess skills...

I am always on ebay looking for a good deal.on Rcbs dies. I have dies for calibers I donxt have and probably never will have. I grt them all set up just incase friends have a caliber they might want to load for and don't have reloading equipment.

I also buy used brass for calibers I don't have as well just incase they cause another fake shortage. 380 being one of the calibers I don't shoot.
Your new home sounds like a nice deal. Can you shoot out in your yard?

I only reloaded .380 for a short period in my life when I acquired a Bersa Mod 83 several years ago.
The Bersa 83 is a fantastic gun - fit and finish of the early Bersa's is incredible and the action is glass smooth. I still have the baby brother of the mod 83 - a Mod 944 .22 which is equal in quality.
However for all the quality this Bersa was incredibly inaccurate. I could not hit a paper plate at 15 yards. I tested it with a friend who (while normally a great shot) got similar results.
I do not waste my time with a gun that will not shoot 'reasonably' accurately and sold it shortly thereafter.
Back to reloading .380 - I am glad I do NOT have the Bersa anymore - reloading .380 was the smallest round I ever reloaded and decided I would never own a .380 again due to the difficulty of handling the brass - I draw the line at 9mm with size of ammo I will reload.

That's a really good question HighlandLofts. I have been told by the folks who sold us the property that they shot in the back yard with no issues. I would like to build a short pistol range in the back yard area. However, I am going to speak with the local authorities and nearby neighbors first about my plan. I don't want to be on the receiving end of any legal problems. The house is in the county outside of any city limits. In a lot of this county shooting is mostly unrestricted - within reason I am supposing. I'm taking the cautious approach for now. Good on ya for looking out for others and their reloading needs too.

I kinda wish the BERSA 83 I mentioned WAS accurate - it was a cool little gun and I had a great shoulder holster for it with a couple extra mags.
I did well on the sale however - even after letting the buyer run a couple mags through it to be sure before he bought it - so I have no regrets.

My experience with the Bersa line is similiar to yours. Some are really cuties but they won't reliably do their one job ... put a hole in a target and repeat same without fail.

My second son lives out of town, the properties were broken down to five acre lots on the one side of the road. His neighbor shoot so everythi g is good for him.
Behind these properties is all wooded and rises uphill so your projecties have a good backstop .
My sone cut some white pine trees down and cut the wood into two foot or so blocks. He did two stacks one right behind the other for a back stop to catch the projectiles so they donxt end up in the trees.

20171120_134450.jpg

He has one set up at fifty yards and one set up at a hundred yards.

Nice! I got lots of trees on the property. I have an acquaintance who has a small dirt moving business. Thought about having him out to scrape up a dirt berm as a backstop. I could stack cut wood in front of the berm. Might be the best of both worlds!

So what seams to be a good 380 at a reasonable price?
First need to define reasonable price....

New - I found a good deal on a Springfield 911 Alpha - 300.00

I'd say is cost is a consideration, used Beretta 84's, either single or double stack configuration - but they could be pricey...

Browning BDA's in .380 - made by Beretta - also kinda pricey

Astra Constable II is a good deal usually under $400, had one of those, it ran great...

Really depends on what your looking for. Remember metal framed .380 will absorb more recoil than their polymer cousins...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top