JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious. Double tap says 1240 fps for 200gr and 1075 fps for 230 gr hardcasts out of a G29, with I'm assuming a 3.8" barrel.

Anyone encountered anything faster out of a G29 for those weights?

Or should I say a short barrel like 3.8"

Last Edited:
Double Tap seems to over estimate their products in my experience. I had a box of 180gr JHP that was at least 100 fps slower than the claimed velocities on the box out of both a G29 and G20. My 200gr loads are at 1270fps out of a G20 with a 6" barrel and I can't see any reason to push them any faster than that. In fact, the slightly slower loads group much tighter and I am willing to sacrifice a slight amount of velocity for more accuracy any day.

I haven't found an ammunition manufacturer yet that doesn't fudge the numbers a bit. Just one more reason to roll your own.

Underwood stays pretty true to numbers. And if you come in low, they do their best to make it right.

Double Tap used to be the same way. They fudge their numbers significantly these days.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top