JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was thinking the same. Something in the back of my brain is telling me "that's wrong...", but I'm still oddly turned on. 🤣
It's exactly why i want one :s0155:

Also, just realised how long it's been since i saw these and posted this thread!!! where has the time gone!!! 😭

Anyone shot one of these yet? I'm curious if having your fingers in the loop when firing it is a painful experience or not. I cannot quite tell how big the loop is, my hands are a bit big and even my 30-30 is not fun with certain loads.

So, after my last post about ordering one, it took a few months to finally get it.
Here is my take. Like the Lynx (or Saiga) 12, the 410/.45 Colt Derringer, Arsenal Firearms double barrel 1911, or the 16" Heritage Rough Rider, it is an impractical novelty, but a fun must have (if you allow yourself to own stuff just to own stuff). I've taken out to shoot trap a skeet a couple times (unfortunately, I don't live on property that I can just go out blasting firearms whenever I feel like it off the back porch). Because of the short barrel it is terrible at trap, but it is better at skeet. Two things to look out for, make sure you have cleaned and lubed the heck out of it, the lever can feel a little chunky (yes, pump is quicker and easier if you're comparing, but why would you). The other thing is that after you have taken it apart and cleaned it, make sure you have magazine screw cap tightened all the way, otherwise you'll get crazy bad jams.
When I got mine, it came in a very nice plastic hard case with a Black Aces logo painted on it. It also came with chokes and the birds head grip. The walnut furniture is genuinely walnut and not plastic.
Overall, it is a fun novelty shotgun and for $399 it's worth getting if you can allow yourself to buy something just to buy it. Like I mentioned before, if I was living in the county on some property where I could just shoot whenever (or if I know of some place to go to just blast shotguns that did not require a 4wd truck to get there), I would shoot this one a lot more. Don't expect quick and fancy lever action shooting like John Wayne or Arnold Arnold Schwarzenegger, but you will have fun, after all it's a 12 gauge lever gun!
@kmk1012, I'm not sure how big the loop is on your 30-30, but it is bigger than the loop on my Henry .22.
20221106_060918_1280.jpg

Last Edited:
Neat 9.00 odd minute review of this shotgun on a You Tube Channel called "Shotgun Nation"
Might be worth checking out.

The reviewer's concerns over the lever...it skinned his knuckle after 75 shots...
A pin and two screws working loose...seemed worth noting ...but not a deal breaker.

As for some of the comments on this ....Like guys saying that ain't gonna buy the shotgun 'cause of a screw or pin that works loose....again after 75 shots....
Hmmm....Ya don't know how to use a screwdriver / Allen wrench , or punch pin...?
Come to mind.

In any event...in his video...the shotgun worked and shot well.
Andy

Last Edited:
So tempting :)

As others have correctly noted, for us collectors and/or shooters of otherwise "just" interesting firearms, this is about all we have for lever action 12ga :(

Something to consider here...

At least on my model ( the walnut stocked model with silver finish ) there are no provisions for lights or such.
There are two grooves , much like what is seen on many .22 rifles running along the top of the receiver.
You might be able to mount a scope or sight there....
Drilling and tapping could be done as well...but that requires work to be done on the shotgun.

No rails and the like ...
As well as just using the factory bead for a sight , are no big deal to me with how I shoot and use a shotgun.
It might be to someone else.

I did put a sling on mine...the factory issue swivels are for 1 inch wide slings.
Andy

I feel myself weakening.... and really shouldn't have watched those YT's showing it in action. My "I wanna I wanna" reflex got amped up.

I think I might end up hating myself for loving it.... kinda scenario comin. 🤪

Oddly interesting for sure.. All the Turkish shotgun torture tests I've seen on the you toob have brought them to their demise in around 500 rounds. Both pump and semi-auto. Not sayin I don't have any turkish guns, just sayin don't expect Black Aces, Panzer, Landor or any of the fun names of the same guns to be life trusting firearms. But yeah. fun toy, whack a deer with a slug fun.

So I shot my Black Aces Shotgun today....
It worked well.
A variety of shotshells and type were used.
It patterned nicely at 25 ish yards.

The shotgun action was a bit stiff...I am sure that it will loosen up with use.
I did "Short Stroke" the action a few times....more of operator error than a fault of the gun...
That said it does have a long throw...it ain't like using a Winchester 92 or 94 for sure.
Just something to get used to.

A neat and fun shotgun for sure.
Will it ever beat or replace a 870 Wingmaster , Ithaca 37 , Winchester Model 12 or a Mossberg 590 ...Nope.
But for a fun shooter...a gun that is light in weight and well built....it does have that going for it.
Andy

So I shot my Black Aces Shotgun today....
It worked well.
A variety of shotshells and type were used.
It patterned nicely at 25 ish yards.

The shotgun action was a bit stiff...I am sure that it will loosen up with use.
I did "Short Stroke" the action a few times....more of operator error than a fault of the gun...
That said it does have a long throw...it ain't like using a Winchester 92 or 94 for sure.
Just something to get used to.

A neat and fun shotgun for sure.
Will it ever beat or replace a 870 Wingmaster , Ithaca 37 , Winchester Model 12 or a Mossberg 590 ...Nope.
But for a fun shooter...a gun that is light in weight and well built....it does have that going for it.
Andy
Good info, sounds like a fun gun! Re stiffness of the action as you say after wear in it will likely loosen up. After wear in (abrasion) one thing you might try is boron nitride lube. I have been experimenting with a couple different kinds and it's pretty amazing stuff. Think of it like moly but on steroids.

The two guns I have applied it to I worked the action a lot and repeated application. My k31 straight pull bolt action is so smooth now I can operate it with one finger when locked/closed. It couldn't get close to doing that before. The second one, a browning buckmark, will actually cycle with cci quiet 710 fps .22 (until it gets dirty that is, which is quick). I have never been able to get any semi auto, including this one, to do that before. After about the third application (and lots and lots of working the action for each one) it is really slick and action is very light.

It takes a while for this lube to be effective as it adsorbs to the metal. For cars I noticed a difference in turbo spool up/responsiveness after about 400 miles with no noticeable difference before that.

The cheapest and most effective boron nitride nano particle lubes I've tried is liqui moly ceratec (available at NAPA and Amazon). I also think the ipsc lube would work well (I haven't tried it) but it's not readily available available in the us yet. Plus it's 10 times the cost of ceratec and my guess is the main difference is the carrier oils used.

Liqui moly also makes a tungsten nano particle friction modifier I haven't tried (and probably never will due to the price). I have tried titanium nano particle friction modifiers when testing oils for direct injection engines and was not impressed with them fwiw.

Any of these need to be shaken well before use to get full suspension of the nanoparricles.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads