JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for some thoughts and any experiences with the Bersa .380cc. Post up photos also if you have them.:D

Also, I'd like to not have this turn into a caliber debate. I already have an EDC pistol but, am interested in this one.:s0155:

I used to carry one years ago, I still have a nice leather IWB holster for it and have been considering getting another (Bersa).

They're a good serviceable weapon, not ammo picky. The blowback design requires a pretty heavy recoil spring and attention to proper grip, I wouldn't recommend one to a person w low or impaired hand strength.

If it's that particular style you like, the 9x18 Makarov and Radom pistols offer marginally more power, but ammo selection is more limited.

What would you like to know?

When I was a working gunsmith in a shop that did warranty service on Bersa I thought it was a pretty good .380 pocket pistol.
If'n I was gonna carry a .380 I would have been perfectly happy with a Bersa.
That was in the mid-80s, and most of the Brazilian guns have gotten better since then.
If it's what you want in terms of type (i.e. steel frame .380) you could make a lot worse choices.
Re: Jonnyuma above - the Mak in 9x18 is also a nice carry piece in the mousegun category.

I've owned both the Bersa and Makarov in .380 but never CC'd either. The Bersa is just slightly smaller and might be just a touch lighter. They're really pretty similar. I remember liking the way the Bersa felt in my hand but found that I shot the Mak better. Both were reliable.

Really appreciate all the responses and input! Like I stated above, I already have an EDC but, was kind of looking for an inexpensive but, reliable back up gun. I.E. keeping it locked in a car safe. I got to handle one and really like the feel of it. Thought it would make a good companion to have around.:)

Really appreciate all the responses and input! Like I stated above, I already have an EDC but, was kind of looking for an inexpensive but, reliable back up gun. I.E. keeping it locked in a car safe. I got to handle one and really like the feel of it. Thought it would make a good companion to have around.:)
Both my Bersa 380's were Jam-o-matics. Lots of failures to extract. They only ran 100% with Buffalo Bore +p ammo. I sold both of them. I would recommend the Ruger LC9s over the Bersa. If you can live with fixed sights, a Ruger EC9s can be found for $199.

Thanks but, while Rugers are American made and very good firearms, I just don't like the look of the LC9 or feel of it. Had one for a while and traded it off for something I liked better.:D

Thanks but, while Rugers are American made and very good firearms, I just don't like the look of the LC9 or feel of it. Had one for a while and traded it off for something I liked better.:D

The Bersa doesn't exactly look "good".

I... was kind of looking for an inexpensive but, reliable back up gun.
Ever try a Walther PPS? I have two at the moment that I'm considering selling for less $$ than a Bersa would cost you and in respectable SD calibers (.40 and 9mm).
The 9mm M2 is my current warm weather EDC, but I'm eyeing a SiG P365 pretty hard.

The PPS Classic in .40 also sees pretty regular carry-duty and is easily controllable w 185gr HSTs.

Nope, can't say I like them at all... LOL.
I do really like them. More accurate and easier to shoot than a Walther PPK or PPK/S. The only issues I've ever had with Bersa, is that they keep following me home.

Bersas.jpg

The closest I've carried is a stainless steel Walther PPK/S in .380 ACP/9x17㎜ Corto. I have to admit the Bersa Plus appears interesting as it is PPK-ish but has a 15+1 capacity.

Nope, can't say I like them at all... LOL.
I do really like them. More accurate and easier to shoot than a Walther PPK or PPK/S. The only issues I've ever had with Bersa, is that they keep following me home.

View attachment 663652
Do you have any of the all-steel (pre-Thunder) models? I think they were called a Model 85 or something like that.. displaced by the alloy framed Thunder guns in the 90s.
I'd like to find one of those.