JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you have any of the all-steel (pre-Thunder) models? I think they were called a Model 85 or something like that.. displaced by the alloy framed Thunder guns in the 90s.
I'd like to find one of those.
No, I don't have a Model 85 or a Model 83. I would be cool to find one of each. They only made them for five years in the late 1980's/early 1990's.

No, I don't have a Model 85 or a Model 83. I would be cool to find one of each. They only made them for five years in the late 1980's/early 1990's.
I think I saw one at a pawn shop awhile back. I say "I think" because I didn't know anything about the lineage, different "generations", etc. Plus, I was there on a mission (transfer) and always feel the need to skedaddle immediately upon NICS approval.. always thinking the OSP might call back and say, "Oops... we changed our minds".
I should go back and see if it's still there, maybe bring it home.

Back in the post-Y2K wasteland I attended FAS. When my main pistol clogged with crud after several hundred rds. I went to my backup, which at the time was an East German Mak. It was dead reliable, accurate enough (could have used better sights), and did not knock the poppers down nearly as well as the 9x19s. I never experienced a malfunction of any kind. The E. German Mak is a beautifully made gun with great build quality. Given the choice between it and the equivalent Walther I would have preferred the Mak.

It would be great for Mak owners if the ammo companies would make the latest advances in .380 technology available in 9x18 Mak.

The E. German Mak is a beautifully made gun with great build quality. Given the choice between it and the equivalent Walther I would have preferred the Mak.
Agree 100%. Around the same time period (90s) I carried a Bulgarian Mak until I laid my eyes on an E German model... cost roughly twice as much but it was almost a work of art... in the era of ("revolutionary!") plastic Wonder-9s it was just what I needed... sold 3 other guns to get it and carried it for many years. In fact, it only got sold a few yrs ago... for almost double what I pd for it.

A friend use to carry one while he walked his dog smaller mid size mutt. Some one bought a house on his walk route and had a big bulldog that acted real aggressive and was in a gour foot chain link fence and could of got over it if it really wanted to. He was worried about getting enough penitration if he needed to deal with this big dog so he upgraded to a 40 caliber.

Personally i wouldn't carry something that small.

I carried a PPK for many years with out issue, and even carry it today as a back up in an custom ankle holster!
A better option I really like is the CZ-82 9X18 Mac, more power, 12 rounds worth of action, and it carry's really well! :cool:
1582862767253.png

I sometimes carry the Bersa Thunder 380CC and shot it some at the range. It seems to shoot better than the the finish. I like having the de-cocker with one chambered, first round double action and subsequent six rounds in single action. My older eyes were not fond of the 3 dot sights, but painting the front sight brighter helped. Though the 380CC model is a small bit more concealable, I kind of wished I would have purchased the Thunder Combat model. No failures to chamber or eject so far. The trigger on mine is decent also. Happy shopping, Gary in SW Oregon