JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know I don't post here often but I was wondering if anyone had the drill press, welding, and rivet experience and know how of AK building.

I wanted to see if we could get an awesome build gtg before things go either good or bad (preferably good) and get our guns built. I got a 3000 sq feet warehouse on the Oregon coast we could use for build party.

Let me know here if anyone is interested or knows someone that has built AKs or AR-15

I am pretty sure that anyone that has made purchases following the shooting bought stripped lowers or 80% stamped receivers.

If you can't find an AR 15 to build. Build an AK or some other variant.

Here are some links of things you could do.

Tantal Receiver Blank, Tantal Folded 80% Receiver Blank, RTG Gun Parts

<broken link removed>

"Everyone is freaking out asking "where can I get a cheap AR lower" or "XYZ place is gouging on components". Well, here is a solution... build something else.

AK Variants

RTG parts has AK flats for $2-

Tantal Receiver Blank, Tantal Folded 80% Receiver Blank, RTG Gun Parts

AK47 Receiver Blank, AKM AKMS Receiver Blank, AK Folded 80% Receiver Blank, RTG Gun Parts

With rivet sets for $9-

AK Rivet Sets, AKM Fixed Stock, AKS Under Folder, Polish Tantal, Poish Beryl, Yugo M70, Yugo M72, AK74 Side Folder, AK74 Fixed Stock, Romainian RPK, Bulgarian RPK74, RTG Gun Parts

Apex has parts kits for $250 and up-

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

HK33 Variant-

Flat for $169

HK93 Receiver Flat, HK33 Receiver Flat, RTG Gun Parts

Parts for $375

<broken link removed>

Uzi-

Receivers for $100

<broken link removed>

Parts for $169

<broken link removed>

(you will need some ancillary semi parts)

Other ideas:
MP5s (RTG has flats for $100)
Stens (easy as hell and cheap)
Sterlings
PPS43
FMK-3
1919 (I have always wanted to do this)
Suomis
FALs
G3s
RPDs

Just throwing this out there."

Alex

I too would love to see a build party. I have a kit to build (it's my first), and I have all the parts, kit is demilled except for removing the barrel to drop out the old rivet stubs.

The only build-specific tool I have is the lovely ak-builder receiver drilling fixture (with both red and blue mandrels).

I also have a 12-ton press, a floor-standing drill press with a mediocre cross-vise (and mediocre bearings), a bench-top drill press (sadly, with no vise, but in new condition), lots of drill bits, a couple brand new reamers (ak-builder).

I would also pitch in on the pizza and beer front, and I'm open to other things like bringing a pair of spot welder tips for someone willing to let me build with their spot welder.

--
books

I have an AK flat bending jig. The main problem is that demilled kits have gone thru the roof. Used to be you could buy a like new AK kit with barrel for $100 and change. Now a days, they want nearly as much as a complete rifle

I have an AK flat bending jig. The main problem is that demilled kits have gone thru the roof. Used to be you could buy a like new AK kit with barrel for $100 and change. Now a days, they want nearly as much as a complete rifle

No kidding. I got mine for 125, matching numbers, great condition. I only wish I'd gotten 10.

I was all tooled up to build a Bulgarian AK-74 kit with 5.56 barrel that would match and share mags with my Saiga .223. Now the ammo can't even be found and Nodak Spud stopped taking orders on receivers right before I wanted to order one. BAD timing.

receiver flats are still available and in stock... my choice, over a 100%.
ak-builder flats

now... as far as getting the parts kits? no clue. i haven't even looked since this whole panic took off. i'm guessing everyone is sold out. i do remember the days when one could get 'em for $120, all numbers matching and just a cut receiver... otherwise totally complete and sometimes even totally un-issued/unused. re-welds were the thing back then.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top