JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mr. Wheeler, your description is an involved process with many double isolated grounded cells. For what purpose is that design? To isolate a radio station transmitter, and receiver would you need to go to such a degree? Your expertise is fascinating to me as I've seen crews fuss and manufacture extravagant cages for radio stations. Though, I never knew if it was to keep spurious invisible wave things in or out? If you worked in such a cage with RF equipment does it then reflect and bombard the tender inside? Anyway, fascinating.

A cage that will shield "background" radiation will do just that...shield background radiation..(such as we are constantly bombarded with)..and would suffice if proximity and intensity were "low" enough....Increase intensity or heaven forbid proximity and simple cages could fail....

Exactly, what a Faraday cage won't do is stop slowly varying magnetic fields, such as Earth's magnetic field. In practical use we are blocking EM or electromagnetic radiation.

If you cut a piece of coaxial cable the wire-mesh just under the outer insulation is in effect a Faraday cage.

It's not really that complicated.

The holes in the cage just have to be small enough to block the amplitude of the wave you are trying to keep out. And it must be continuous in surrounding the item to be protected.

A car is a farrady cage for radio frequencies (the antenna allows the waves to come in)

Your microwave oven screen is small enough to block the microwaves generated.

An effective cage must be grounded (on it's own, not attached to the ground rod by your meter) and designed so that it will withstand 10,000 volt per cm2 (about 4") and "ground" the charge....think BIGS (Buried, isolated, grounded and shielded....and it cannot be attached to the grid or anything that conducts....

A car is kinda like a faraday cage...if it shielded cell phone signals and radio signals (more like a grounded armored car).....before you trust a microwave, test it for leaked radiation ...

W44

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top