JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went a couple of weeks ago. There was a little snow on the ground as you got off the highway but is should be passable with a car. There were others at the pit with cars when I was there.

I went about a month ago. The ground sucked, and there was a bunch of snow, but I made it to the quarry with little problem in a little sedan.

I think you'd be alright in a 4x4.

Thinking of taking my stepson an a friend out this weekend, but heard reports of a good amount of snow out there still. Won't have a 4x4 or even a truck, are the roads car passable yet?

8 feet and and ya'll need a Hummer to get into Brown's Camp! :s0114:

I'm going Saturday, and I want a place to park............ :D

Damn, that probably won't work. Oh well, might just have to wait in line. :(

Frog.

Well I'm heading up there on Sunday no matter what. I'll hump the gear up the damned hill if I have to. There's no way I'm going to Bend twice in two weeks just to fraking shoot. Taking some ice blocks and tannerite too. and melons. must have tasty tannerite melons...

Is that statement anecdotal or lawful? I searched the BATFE statutes on it and the transport is legal, the ownership is legal, and as long as the compounds aren't mixed it doesn't qualify as an explosive. Nor do the components of it. Now, once the accelerant is introduced it does become a regulated product...but doesn't fall under the heading of any item I can find in the Orange Book.

I don't really care if I can't set it off. Bend isn't all THAT far of a trip...really. So we might just have to head out in that direction to get a good range. I guess. Never heard that you can't set the stuff off in certain places.

Last Edited:
I agree with your statements but when it comes down to it you are still detonating an explosive on public land. There are a lot of differing opinions on this subjuect but most agree that the law is on your side only when you are using it on private property with the owners consent.

Who do you mean by "they"?

He 'means' the Sheriff !

I'd say 'they' would have brought the paddy wagon up there today, and hauled off a bunch!!

Tannerite, cans, plastics, you name it!

Don't get me wrong, the Tannerite was cool, and shooting at cans and plastic bottles is fun, but the sign clearly says Paper Targets Only !

My only concern is that they will shut the place down.

Frog.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads