JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all, I typically go to Curt's to have work done however they close at 5:30 pm and my mail generally gets to me around 5ish and there's no way I can make it to them in time to have what is needed done. Wondering if anyone is around the general portland metro area that can do the following either on this saturday evening or sunday:

1. Remove flash hider/gas system and barrel nut to install a new barrel nut and then reinstall the gas system on one rifle.

2. Same as above except installing a new low profile gas block plus a Noveske KX5-like muzzle device on another rifle.

Of course I will pay you for your services. If there's anyone out there within a 10-15 min drive from the Parkrose/Gateway area it would be very much appreciated. Please pm me so I can get an estimate of your price.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi all, I typically go to Curt's to have work done however they close at 5:30 pm and my mail generally gets to me around 5ish and there's no way I can make it to them in time to have what is needed done. Wondering if anyone is around the general portland metro area that can do the following either on this saturday evening or sunday:

1. Remove flash hider/gas system and barrel nut to install a new barrel nut and then reinstall the gas system on one rifle.

2. Same as above except installing a new low profile gas block plus a Noveske KX5-like muzzle device on another rifle.

Of course I will pay you for your services. If there's anyone out there within a 10-15 min drive from the Parkrose/Gateway area it would be very much appreciated. Please pm me so I can get an estimate of your price.

Thanks,

Mike

If you were in the Seattle area, I'd love to help you with this, but I'll help bump your thread just the same. =)

Jesse

Invest in an armorers vice or even a standard vice and an AR vice block.
From there just get a spanner wrench and an AR armors tool.

Youll save time and money and be able to repair or change anything on your AR.
I went that route and its been very beneficial.

I know that isn't much help but its a huge money saver.
Best of luck!

Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately, I have no workspace available to set up shop (turned our garage into 2 bedrooms and a bath). Eventually I'll invest once I figure a space out.

Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately, I have no workspace available to set up shop (turned our garage into 2 bedrooms and a bath). Eventually I'll invest once I figure a space out.

Its funny you say that!
I was in the same predicament in my old place.
No garage or spare bedroom, so i copied an idea from a buddy of mine:
Fold up table and a vice bolted to it, just drill 4 holes and buy four bolts/nuts and BAM!
Instant firearm service and cleaning table. :)

Yeah if you are changing thing on ARs,so if you own an AR it's a necessity to have the tools.Or else you wait for friends to help
I would definetly look into what ZA said for the future.Hide it in a closet

Sounds like a great idea. How would you deal with a stubborn barrel nut (assuming there is not enough weight to keep the table down)? I suppose at that point I would invest in a torch. I'm obviously new to the AR scene and didn't want to cause any unecessary damage to any of them.

You might take that to a un smith to get it apart.Sounds like maybe someone didn't grease it when assembled?
AR15.com and you tube has tons of vids on this

I did this last night I paid a twenty spot. Smith had a vise and this bcg tool. Added a little heat and it was free. I like to be self sufficient but would of cost me a small fortune to purchase these items to do the job right.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top