JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In general poly lowers are a no go. The KE arms is the exception, its alot beefier in the areas that matter and it doesn't have the fail points of standard poly lowers (stock attachment, and grip attachment.) Trade off is you're stuck with a fixed stock and grip.

In general poly lowers are a no go. The KE arms is the exception, its alot beefier in the areas that matter and it doesn't have the fail points of standard poly lowers (stock attachment, and grip attachment.) Trade off is you're stuck with a fixed stock and grip.
The stock would be fine with me. It sounds like you are limited to carbine buffer/spring combos but that shouldn't be an issue with a gasless upper.

I got a 80% poly lower. Was able to router it out in 5 mins flat. Seemed to be alright for short term use but still seems too soft of materials to hold up. I could see pins getting loose over time. For the amount of weight saving which isn't much I wouldn't run one.

I have a poly lower on a 22lr build and I think it is a good fit as it doesn't have stress on the receiver threads from the bolt carrier reciprocating. I would never use a poly lower for anything serious although the KE seems to solve the most pressing issue of the lower receiver buffer tube thread weakness.

I guess I don't understand why someone would look to a polymer lower when aluminum ones are cheap (if you wanna go cheap) and don't weigh much more. I also prefer to choose my own stock and grip.

I've owned many many of the Gen 1 and Gen 2 CAV Arms lowers. I still have 5 of them and they are probably 15+ years old at this point. Zero issues.
Check the link below for more data.

KE Arms is the next generation of CAV. I would trust them completely.

Long-term and short-term physics… that's wut.
I'm not seeing how these would be different then pins on any polymer frame handgun. The two failures I'm aware of, one the buffer wasn't right and split the weld in the back which they're using a better process for now, and the other was an explosive reload that took out pretty much the whole gun and while an aluminum lower might have survived it could have just added to the shrapnel.

The cav arms lowers literally got ran over by a truck and still worked fine which couldn't be said for the other rifles in that incedent.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top