JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sog Pentagon Elite or Sog Flash 2

sogs.jpg

Sorry, no camera, but you have seen the Cold Steel push daggers. I often carry it clipped inside-waistband on my left side when I drive, as car-jacker insurance. I guess I got traumatized while at the drive-up window when the angry young man and his friends appeared suddenly at my truck window with the friendly greeting, "YOU GOTTA DOLLAH!!" I wondered how the public might react to seeing it on my belt---but so far NOBODY has even noticed it.................................elsullo :D

Hey elsullo, I have those young idiots demanding money quite often, they usually don't even ask, just say "gimme a dollar". Hacks me off!!!
I've been carrying this Don Llewellyn 5in. fighter quite a bit, great knife in D-2 steel.

img9151.jpg
img9149x.jpg

my carry knife is a benchmade 9050AFO. i carried a kabar when i was young.. many, many years.. when i turned 21 and got a CHP i went to a 1911 and pocket folders.

Nice knives! I like the Benchmade DejaVoo for tip down carry. It's just under 4 inches.

Of course, carrying anything more than 3.5 inches in Seattle or Tacoma is a bad idea, so I have a SpyderCo Native and Delica for those occasions. The Rex Applegate appears to have a cutting edge on both sides - doesn't that fall foul of WA state laws against daggers?

@Dell_Dude - which Benchmade is that?

This is my DejaVoo in black with serrations.

BM745sbk.jpg

The only place where the knife fighting fantasy exists
is in the martial arts. There is no such thing in the modern
civilized world. In legal terms it is attempted murder,
assault with a deadly weapon or homicide. To the streetfighter
it is assassination, not a "fight" at all. To the criminal it is a tool
for robbery Everyone else considers it abhorrent macho stupidity.
MM

Lies about knife fighting

Nice knives! I like the Benchmade DejaVoo for tip down carry. It's just under 4 inches.

Of course, carrying anything more than 3.5 inches in Seattle or Tacoma is a bad idea, so I have a SpyderCo Native and Delica for those occasions. The Rex Applegate appears to have a cutting edge on both sides - doesn't that fall foul of WA state laws against daggers?

@Dell_Dude - which Benchmade is that?

This is my DejaVoo in black with serrations.

BM745sbk.jpg

The Applegate is a double-bevel, but the backside is not sharpened.

I just need to be prepared to make somebody GET OFF ME if they grab for me. I am too old to fight and too busted-up to run, so I need a persuasive tool to encourage evildoers to go away. Since I won't open carry a pistol, there is no quicker response than a sheath knife. Compared to my pocket pistol, a knife is a less-than-lethal response to try first, if somebody is already grappling with me..........................elsullo :(

Isn't that an auto? Legal only in Oregon?

I have no idea what you're talking about. ;)

Mine has to be opened manually. Every time.

the 9050AFO is, obviously, an auto as well. autos are perfectly legal so long as they aren't "concealed." clipped to a pocket, they're not concealed.

in the 7ish years i've been carrying AFOs, i haven't ever given it a second thought, however. this is a HUGE "spirit of the law" thing.. i've had several cops pawing, even coveting it, and never even had it mentioned.

i got snagged by social security's crack security force in portland with it. just never crosses my mind that a stupid little pocket knife can somehow be "illegal." the jackass opted not to make a stink over it- but i'll still call him a jackass just for having that job to begin with. jackass.

And so long as you're in the state of OR, which, although I am frequently, is not my state of residence.

indeed- i cant vouch for any other state. though the few times i venture into WA, it doesn't ever occur to me that my knife is "illegal." FREAKING BETARDED.

are you sure WA law isn't the same as OR in regard to "switchblades?" most people in oregon are under the misunderstanding that "switchblades" are illegal here too.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top