JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought this cheap (thought it may be fun to shoot at, in fact) but want to make sure it's not something rare and valuable first (although the shoddy condition probably makes it unlikely to be valuable). It was sold to me as a Chinese helmet, but no other information was given. Looked up Chinese helmets but wasn't able to find one that seemed to match. I entertained the idea that it could be Soviet but it doesn't really match the profile of any Soviet helmets either and seems to be chintzier in construction than typical Soviet helmets. There is VERY faint writing on the inside, it appears to be hand-written along the rim on the front, most of which I cannot make out but appears to be Latin characters (that is neither Chinese nor Cyrillic). There are no other markings. Anyone know much about it, what years it may be from, etc?

photo-1-1.jpg

photo-2-2.jpg

photo-3-1.jpg

i looked up a lot of old cineese helmets and it definatly has some simularities but they gave the lowest bidder the contract so there are a lot of differences between the armys old helmets.

yugoslavian ne44 style. though it's missing the sweatband. coldwar era made anywhere between 1947-1991.. i imagine it's worth somewhere like $25-30?

Last Edited:
That seems to be the correct identification, which makes it somewhat historically interesting, guess it means I'd sooner eBay it than shoot it. (Sigh)

The differences from Chinese right off the bat is the rim. Most of the Chinese helmets are a continuous rim all the way around without the deviation around the back and neckline. People see the red star and think "ChiCom" right away. There are other similar Soviet helmets and Belgium helmets with the red star but there are differences in shape and height. The Belgium helmets are similar in shape with the same deviation in the rim but there will be rivets on the outside that connect to the webbing, sweatband, and chin-strap. Here's a link to a page about the Yugo helmets. You can also google "Yugoslavian NE 44" or "Yugoslavian NE 44 helmet" and see several other examples:
<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads