JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Price is right and the tapered jacket sounds interesting. I might have to pick some up and be the guinea pig.

Price is right and the tapered jacket sounds interesting. I might have to pick some up and be the guinea pig.

Following.

Just placed an order for 500 to try them out! RMR has been solid to deal with over the last couple years and has fair prices and good products, so I like to give them business.

I have loaded a few and they perform decently. Maybe not quite as accurate as Sierras or Nosler, but at less than half the price, close enough for me. I have full faith and confidence in RMR, their people and products and will continue to use them whenever I can.
My natural frugality still pushes me to Mid-South's 62 gr Hornady BTHP's, since they are very close in accuracy to the RMR 69 gr BTHP and are slightly less expensive. I rarely get to shoot beyond 200 yards, so haven't tested the two bullets at longer ranges. I suspect the RMR might prove more accurate beyond 200 yards.

I loaded some up cant remember the details on the load but they ran around 1.5 inch give or take. Good enough for me but could probably tighten it up with some work. The ones I checked are pretty consistent as to weight and such. For the price ill probably pick up some more soon.

I've been watching those, they are tempting. But I don't do long range shooting. So I've gone with their Hornady 62 gr. FMJ's which are good enough for my purposes and relatively inexpensive.

Bullets showed up in mail today which was very fast shipping. A quick tale of the tape showed a pretty consistent bullet. I pulled 10 random examples from bag and here is what I found. 9 out of 10 were between .901"-.902" in length. The 1 outlier was .907". Weights were all 68.9gr on my digital scale. O.D. on all just above boat tail was the same on all 10, at least to the resolution of my dial calipers. Finish is very good. I Was going to wait for my .223 competition seater die to show before loading some up but since tomorrow I am going to the range, I think I will load a few to see how the perform.

image.jpg

Loaded up a 10 round Saterlee powder charge ladder in .2gr increments with A2520 and the RMR 69gr bullets. Hopefully I can find a decent node as I have a good supply of 2520. I also loaded up 10 at near max where I have found 69smk's to shoot pretty good. If the ladder goes ok with no pressure signs, I will shoot these 10 or I will go home and pull them.

Varget, IMR8208XBR, H322, TAC and a couple of the other slower burning powders would be my suggestion for that weight if your powder choice doesn't work out.

Bullets showed up in mail today which was very fast shipping. A quick tale of the tape showed a pretty consistent bullet. I pulled 10 random examples from bag and here is what I found. 9 out of 10 were between .901"-.902" in length. The 1 outlier was .907". Weights were all 68.9gr on my digital scale. O.D. on all just above boat tail was the same on all 10, at least to the resolution of my dial calipers. Finish is very good. I Was going to wait for my .223 competition seater die to show before loading some up but since tomorrow I am going to the range, I think I will load a few to see how the perform.

View attachment 1061059
So do they have corncob in the hollow points as they state in the description?

So do they have corncob in the hollow points as they state in the description?
They may have, I would have to get a magnifying glass and a small pic to see. My 10 that I loaded at the same powder charge unfortunately did not fall on a accuracy node but were safe pressure wise and went into less than an 1 1/2" or so @100yds. I am sure I can get them to go into under an inch with some more load development.

4C32EAE6-A8CA-4B48-8DC5-F39751B88F95.png

They may have, I would have to get a magnifying glass and a small pic to see. My 10 that I loaded at the same powder charge unfortunately did not fall on a accuracy node but were safe pressure wise and went into less than an 1 1/2" or so @100yds. I am sure I can get them to go into under an inch with some more load development.

View attachment 1061833
Thanks for the heads-up about 2520. Wasn't familiar with that powder.

Am down to probably a lb left of 2nd 8lb jug of 2200. Both of my savage heavy barrels (9 twist) have really liked that powder with 69 smk's and hornady 68's. Washed out a 1/4 inch of throat in first one I bought in '93, when savage was still building their 223's on long action. But that old workhorse still shoots half inch if I'm having a good day. Killed a lot of SD prairie dogs with it and those bullets.

When the 2200 is gone, I thought I'd switch to varget, RL 15, TAC, or Alliant 2000 as I've experienced with them and have liked what I've seen. But will keep 2520 in mind.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top