JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Man..., there was some incredible stuff that came up!! From the Rare to the Ultra-Rare!! A lot of prices to match! Some reasonable, most went really high (but, you have to figure condition and they only have the best!).

I enjoy following the action live and keeping an eye on some of the Ultra-Rare/Highly Collectible stuff, etc. As mentioned, the cool thing about their auction lots is the condition! Some of the finest available or to come up for auction. They always have some unbelievable stuff! You could probably count the number of lots that sold for less than a grand, on one hand.

I happened to score a target pistol I have been after, since the 1970's!! Lots of other bids thrown in but... hmnnn... no success.

Anyone else??

Hello,

What is the target pistol that you ended up getting? Congrats to you too!

I would have enjoyed seeing that off of my computer but I did not know anything about it.

Is it on a video so that you can see it again even though the auction ended?

Take care.

Cate

Hi Cate!

Their major auctions take place over a 3 day span. I believe they go through about 40 lots/hour! The dollars fly by really fast! There is so much to take in.

I believe their next auction is the 17rh. Not as big and not quite the level of rarity, but still plenty of guns any of us could possibly want! Check out their website and get registered, the entire catalog is shown on line. Their next big auction is scheduled for September, I believe. Definitely worth a look!

I guarantee there is something (or something's) for everyone! Also, if you Google it, they broke down the best (what they considered) 100 lots from the last auction in detail on 3 different YouTube videos.

^^^

Hey! Thanks for the information even though we do not plan on buying something.

I would like to SEE IT and I just told my husband what you wrote since he got home from his exercise and walking time.

I used to look at some online websites about these things just to SEE what some GUNS looked like. It was a very informative thing for me to SEE what some guys and gals spoke about especially when I was a NEWBIE in buying my own guns.

The old online websites had catalog types of listings.

I will LOOK this up.

Take care! My husband thanks YOU for ALL of the information too.

Cate

Hello Cate... glad to be of help, always the enabler!

Yes, RVTECH, I think that is what I enjoy the most about RIA auctions are the descriptions and how they get into the history of the firearms. You guys really need to see/pick up one of their auction catalogs, they are truly something to see. The photography is top notch with many views, detailed close-ups, etc. And the descriptions (as noted) are hard to beat!

I almost forgot... i picked up a Browning .22 Medalist in one of the Rare Gold Line configurations (~400 made). I first saw one in the early 70's and fell in love with it! I have shot a "standard" Medalist in competition for many years (even to this day!) and have lusted after one, then this one came up for a real decent price... i had to pull the trigger!

RIA's pix...

H3925-L100779430.jpg

Click on the image to enlarge and see the beautiful gold wire inlays, etc.

I'm afraid this is going to be my first 'Safe Queen"! If you are not familiar with the pistol, please do some research... they are beautiful in all 3 configurations, and talk about a shooter! They didn't win medals for just their looks!

Best Regards,
Robert

Flymph (as a flyfisherman, I love the name)... yes, a Webley does count!! I looked at those and even threw in a low-ball, that I knew wouldn't stick. They are awesome!

Thanx, I'm going to love this one and thanx for posting that link, Siglvr (I love 'em too!).

C'mon... there has to be others on here (out of the thousands of members) that threw some bids on. Just curious what you may have been interested in or were lucky enough to pick up.

I didn't participate in the auction but I like .22's especially High Standards. Here's a couple in my collection! The one in the presentation box is a 1972 Olympic Commemorative, 108 produced they came 3/4 engraved. The other is a 72 commemorative as well that was sent back to High Standard to get the optional full engraving done. 1 of 4 known to have had this done from the factory records!

20200610_160919.jpg 20200610_160706.jpg

I didn't participate in the auction but I like .22's especially High Standards. Here's a couple in my collection! The one in the presentation box is a 1972 Olympic Commemorative, 108 produced they came 3/4 engraved. The other is a 72 commemorative as well that was sent back to High Standard to get the optional full engraving done. 1 of 4 known to have had this done from the factory records!

View attachment 708916 View attachment 708917

You have really pretty pistols too! COOL history.

I just showed my husband your post and pictures too!

He is telling me a bit about the history of the company.

Thank you for sharing.

Cate

View attachment 708916 View attachment 708917

Man, these are awesome... just beautiful! Give me a shout when the time comes to move 'em on! Do you have factory letters for them?

They sold over $21 million worth of firearms. Probably nothing I can spend my money on. Show me an auction where I can get a Sig Legion for $500! :D

Yes, I figured it out and that put the average lot at over... Nine Thousand Dollars ($9K... I had to spell it out)! Again... the "Average" lot!

Man, these are awesome... just beautiful! Give me a shout when the time comes to move 'em on! Do you have factory letters for them?

Yes, I figured it out and that put the average lot at over... Nine Thousand Dollars ($9K... I had to spell it out)! Again... the "Average" lot!

Hey thanks for the offer! I am a member of the High Standard Collectors association, we have a historian with a copy of all the factory records and both have been documented and verified by him. The fully engraved was researched and documented in one of our quarterly magazines. All 4 were sent back to High Standard for the full engrave by the same guy from Texas. This one was acquired from his daughter. The plan at this point if my son has no interest is for my collection to go to the Cody Firearms Museum.

Do they still charge a 15% buyer's fee? Buy a $500,000 firearm and pay them $75,000 in commission. I guess that's fine if made of money. Not sure they do $75000 worth of work though. On $21million they made $3.1million in commission fees....for running an auction house... Plus what ever they charge for consignment.

I signed up once to bid and decided not to when I saw their fees and then the proceeded to call me more than the NRA to try and tell me about every auction they had everywhere in the US.

I once bid on a firearm and when it blew past my high bid by about three times what I was willing to pay (and that didn't include the buyers premium), I forgot all about it untill a lady from RIA called me and asked if I was still interested in purchasing the item.
I said sure and when she told me that my original fair value bid didn't count and that I was expected to pay the highest bid offered and pay the buyers premium, I told her to forget it.
Seems some over zealous bidder got carried away and when he received the item he sent it back.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top