JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, so I've got a 1 year old pitbull who is an awesome, obediant dog.... other than chewing... Pretty much everyday when I come home from work I'm wondering what destruction will there be today. Basically to make a long story short the only solution that is available to me in my current situation is to get him a muzzle while me and my wife aren't home. We had bought one from the local PetCo that worked for a couple months but eventually he figured out how to pull it off and then of course chew it up :s0054:. So does anybody know of a good muzzle that a dog can't pull off his head? The one at PetCo is the type that just has one strap that goes under their ears but I've seen some that also have a strap that goes up in between their eyes/ears as well. Is that a good system? Thanks for any and all responses!

Crate train and use a remote electric shock collar to train the critter not to chew, etc.. been using these methods for 24 years now with Rottweilers

I would never leave a dog out of their crate while I was gone unless it's a well-trained guard dog

Crate training is the way to go. If you put a muzzle on the dog it will spend all day long trying to get it off. Stick the dog in the crate when you are gone and give it tons of attention when you get home. Your dog will learn to wait for you to come home, antisipating your attention. In time your dog should become much less destructive and maybe even able to be trusted home alone.

And if anyone thinks crate training is cruel, just think of how wild dogs live.. in small dens they dig out

Be sure the crate is tall enough so the adult dog can stand with their head up, comfortably, and wide enough to turn around easily. Allow them to drain the fluids before you leave them for the day, and leave them a small/suitable amount of water, especially if it's going to be warm

And if anyone thinks crate training is cruel, just think of how wild dogs live.. in small dens they dig out

Be sure the crate is tall enough so the adult dog can stand with their head up, comfortably, and wide enough to turn around easily. Allow them to drain the fluids before you leave them for the day, and leave them a small/suitable amount of water, especially if it's going to be warm

It's only cruel if you leave them in for an excess ammount of time.

Sometimes my dog will go in her crate just because she's tired, or feels scared by something. (She doesn't like going to the vet or going outside. )

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top