JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've always used google for searching but anymore when u type in something u want to learn more about, the first 3 plus pages or more are only related to products for sale, not blog posts.

Is there a way to search only forums/blogs? Let's say for example you were looking for problems people ran into with a specific gun (or other product).

It doesn't have to be google, I'm open to any search process that is safe for he computer.

Thx for any help!

I just add "forum"

For example: "nissan titan locking rear diff forum" and then you'll usually also receive a link (more results from :forum name: ) to dig through just that one forum.

I'm not sure about forums in general but this might help:
To search solely within a particular website, type your search term(s) in your search engine followed by "site:northwestfirearms.com". Don't use the quotation marks and use whichever site you want.

Example:

loose dovetail site:northwestfirearms.com

Edit to add: Certain websites such as AR15.Com have recently restricted access to all archived posts. A search will still list them but they are dead links.

Last Edited:
I've always used google for searching ....

With Google, use their advanced search option. https://www.google.com/advanced_search

Then see what results you get including 'forum' and 'blog' on the first line along with your topic of choice. You may get a different result if 'forum' and 'blog' are used instead on the Terms Appearing line. Depending on the topic, I will use the None of these Words line to exclude certain news sources.

Another way to get less filtered results is to not use Google. Duckduckgo works very well for me. I use it all the time now. They don't use political algorithms (they are an aggregator, but that explanation just gets unnecessarily complicated). You can include the word "forum" there too like made in china said. It works there too. You can also tell it to ignore words by using the minus sign. Say you were searching for Barney the dinosaur but got a lot of results for Barney Rubble. You could change your search to:

barney -rubble

and the results will now include barney rubble a lot less.

To make it search for a phrase more efficiently, put the phrase in quotes:

"barney rubble"

may yield more/better results for Barney Rubble than

barney rubble

Hope that helps. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA