Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anybody hit the gun show today

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by bobcat7677, Aug 22, 2014.

1. bobcat7677

bobcat7677 Molalla New Member

Thinking about buying some ammo to stock up for upcoming range days but not sure if it's worth it to make a run to the gun show to buy it right now. What are 7.62x39 (steel case) and 5.56 (Lake City and Reman), 1000rd quantities, going for there? I am not in a terrible hurry so can just order it if the gun show prices are not competitive. Really I would like an "excuse" to hit the gun show, but it's a bit of a drive for me so trying to be somewhat practical about it:) Thanks!

2. bassman2

bassman2 SW WA Active Member

SAA had plenty of ammo - I saw plinker .556 for less than $300 per 1k, and better .556 for $350ish.

I also saw at another table -near Keiths, some 300blk $250 for 500 rounds...

3. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

My son and I went today. The place was empty, not many shoppers. We picked up some 308 ammo. PMC for 16.00 a box. OK price, but not great. Looked at some pistol ammo in 9mm and 45auto. Prices were higher than what Wal-Mart or BiMart sells it for. 22 prices are still crazy.

4. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Great deals on guns for sure.
    Not many buyers, so prices are low.

5. bassman2

bassman2 SW WA Active Member

Yes - a good time to go shop for an AR or three.... Coctailer had a sweet SBR on the table

6. nehalemguy

nehalemguy Vernonia Well-Known Member

The youngest son an I went yesterday. Pretty quiet. We did pick up a vertical grip and extended Glock magazine for the ASR. I did find one table with the after market high capacity Glock magazines but apparently I didn't place the display magazine back in the precise location required by the vendor so he got all grumpy.

E

7. bobcat7677

bobcat7677 Molalla New Member

Thanks for the info guys. I opted to stay home with my kids and order online:)