JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have heard that "unsubscribing" gives the spammers verification that the email adress is good.. Just something a friend told me.

In my experience I've found your friend to be wrong. I've unsubscribed from MANY spam email over the years. I've never understood why some people have had to abandon an email account because of spam. I have had emails from when I started college and had no idea what internet security was and it's still working to day. Sure it gets some spam, maybe 2 or 3 emails a day, but nothing that makes me want to abandon the account.

There's unsubscribing and unsubscribing.

If you get mail from a company you've done business with, which is pretty much standard, sending you their latest & greatest offer, unsubscribing is no problem. You'll go off the mailing list and it'll lower the traffic. Most companies are good about this.

If you get mail from dubious sources, sometimes cleverly looking like legitimate businesses, using the unsubscribe link can be an issue, as it tells them the address is alive and people read the mail.

As long as you don't leave your mail address in the wrong places, the latter one will be minimal. Most web services have pretty good spam filtering. I'm quite impressed with Yahoo's as they do filter out the mail order brides, nigerian princes with lucrative business deals and male enhancement products quite well. Perhaps that was targeted advertising, who knows. :)

There's unsubscribing and unsubscribing.

If you get mail from a company you've done business with, which is pretty much standard, sending you their latest & greatest offer, unsubscribing is no problem. You'll go off the mailing list and it'll lower the traffic. Most companies are good about this.

If you get mail from dubious sources, sometimes cleverly looking like legitimate businesses, using the unsubscribe link can be an issue, as it tells them the address is alive and people read the mail.

As long as you don't leave your mail address in the wrong places, the latter one will be minimal. Most web services have pretty good spam filtering. I'm quite impressed with Yahoo's as they do filter out the mail order brides, nigerian princes with lucrative business deals and male enhancement products quite well. Perhaps that was targeted advertising, who knows. :)

:yeahthat:

Great thread folks! Thanks for all the great info!

I was curious about the Duluth Trading Co. as well seen bunch of there commercials lol and last one made me really think they may be worth a shot. However I HATE online junk! I dont use Plastic I am CASH ONLY type guy. Also I like to feel stuff before I buy. So was concerned bout the quality, didnt want some knock off carharts at a primo price. Now I wont feel so skeptical ordering some nice pants.

ALSO Thanks for the info on unsubsribing! I always avoid clicking anywhere in a scam email out of fear of it getting worse or possible a virus. But glad to know it actually works to get off the sucker list.

Thanks!

Bought a couple pairs of there suspenders and a pair of their suped up sweat pants. I love the sweat pants!! Expensive, but the best I have ever bought. I second a previous post about there spamming. They are the worst. I have even unsubscribed to no avail! I think I will try a pair of there jeans next.

The unsubscribe thing is really working. My morning spam is down about 50% now. I was getting tons of spam. Plus of course the offers to help me out with my small wiener - those and that I can't do much about LOL. Highly recommend the program Mailwasher Pro though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top