JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So no personal experience unfortunately, but I found some info that says its burn rate is close to H335, and some velocity measurements from people show velocities about what you would get from a max load of H335. So if you can't find anything that might be a decent starting point.

Awesome, I look forward to the results, from my searching it doesn't look like anyone else has loaded with that powder, or at least not that they've written about.
Another member here ordered 16lbs as did I. Hopefully it works well on 308 also. If anybody else is interested in buying some there are some 8lb single jugs left at link below. I bought the last 16lb lot:)

Edit: 10 left as of 4:35am

Last Edited:
Another member here ordered 16lbs as did I. Hopefully it works well on 308 also. If anybody else is interested in buying some there are some 8lb single jugs left at link below. I bought the last 16lb lot:)

I went ahead and ordered 8lbs, not a bad deal and I could use some more .223 blasting powder.

The weight of the powder in those or any factory loads doesn't matter because no one knows what the powder is except the manufacturer.

Some of them specifically call out the powder used to load them, there are some 5.56 and 7.62 CBC loads that say they use WC732 on the box.

I went ahead and ordered 8lbs, not a bad deal and I could use some more .223 blasting powder.

Some of them specifically call out the powder used to load them, there are some 5.56 and 7.62 CBC loads that say they use WC732 on the box.
Correct CBC listed the powder type they used on each box of ammo. It might not be the same lot number as what I bought but it should be close enough that I can start at 10% less and work up.

Example below:

32dfa1ae5b522fccff2d9b75139bb1e6.jpg

Correct CBC listed the powder type they used on each box of ammo. It might not be the same lot number as what I bought but it should be close enough that I can start at 10% less and work up.

Example below:

View attachment 841285

Sometimes close enough is the best you can do with surplus powder anyway, I remember loading with lots of it when I was a kid, probably cost $5 a pound back then. We just guesstimated and worked up.

Sometimes we need to step out of our comfort zone anyway.

Awesome, I look forward to the results, from my searching it doesn't look like anyone else has loaded with that powder, or at least not that they've written about.
Thanks again to @farpolemiddle for the sample rounds, I picked up today.

I don't have and could not find a 22 collet for my rcbs press mount bullet puller so I purchased a Lyman inertia hammer puller. The problem with this unit is, it trapped some of the powder due to static cling. The powder I did retrieve weighed 23 grains. I would guess there was another couple of tenths worth of powder that I couldn't retrieve. Based on that 23gr weight I think I will start around 20 or 21 grains when I load up 77gr projectiles with the WC 732 powder. I understand surplus powders can vary quite a bit from batch to batch.

I have read that the sniper rounds are loaded slightly cooler than then tactical rounds but not sure how much truth there is to that. Here is a photo of the box that the sample rounds came from:

20210313_104004.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads