JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's a pretty mild charge, depending on the velocity it generates of course. I'll be curious to see what velocities you get out of it.
Looking through my Lee manual there are quite a few powders that call for a max charge of around 23gr for a 77gr bullet. I think it is in line with numerous canister grade powders. It will be a good while before I get any cartridges loaded up with the WC 732.

Looking through my Lee manual there are quite a few powders that call for a max charge of around 23gr for a 77gr bullet. I think it is in line with numerous canister grade powders. It will be a good while before I get any cartridges loaded up with the WC 732.

Mine normally end up around 24-25 with most medium powders like varget, 4064 or BLC2. 23 is closer to H335 though which confirms the info I found online. Either it's a little faster or they're just loading it mild. If I get a chance to get out I'll shoot some over my chrono to see where they end up. Looking forward to playing around with it.

Mine normally end up around 24-25 with most medium powders like varget, 4064 or BLC2. 23 is closer to H335 though which confirms the info I found online. Either it's a little faster or they're just loading it mild. If I get a chance to get out I'll shoot some over my chrono to see where they end up. Looking forward to playing around with it.
They did use the WC 732 in 55gr and 62gr loads so it doesn't surprise me that it is a little faster.

They did use the WC 732 in 55gr and 62gr loads so it doesn't surprise me that it is a little faster.

That would make it a little more versatile, which is certainly a good thing. H335 is a very versatile powder. Should make it good for .308 as well, and probably many other cartridges besides. Good buy I think. Especially in these times.

That would make it a little more versatile, which is certainly a good thing. H335 is a very versatile powder. Should make it good for .308 as well, and probably many other cartridges besides. Good buy I think. Especially in these times.
I am hoping it will work good in 308, they did use it in 308 with a 168gr bullet.

6370088_0000.jpg

Good info. I'm subbing to this thread for more data. I've been using Shooters World AR Plus for defensive loads and Midwest's Wc 747 for blasting 556 and 308. Glad I got 16 pounds of the 732 when I did. Not sure I need to get into the MK262 dupe game but I've got three of the four components...

So, on the front of the jug (of the MP689) it says;

Caliber- 30-06
Charge - 80.00 gr
Bullet - 168 gr HPBT
Avg. Velocity - 3129 fps

So the two main questions I have are; A) None of my books list anything REMOTELY close to 80gr for 30-06
And B) I weighed out 80 gr of this powder and a 30-06 case will not HOLD 80gr. I did not weigh what did fill the case, but just guessing it would be about 70ish.
I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if I can get some factual load data.

So, on the front of the jug (of the MP689) it says;

Caliber- 30-06
Charge - 80.00 gr
Bullet - 168 gr HPBT
Avg. Velocity - 3129 fps

So the two main questions I have are; A) None of my books list anything REMOTELY close to 80gr for 30-06
And B) I weighed out 80 gr of this powder and a 30-06 case will not HOLD 80gr. I did not weigh what did fill the case, but just guessing it would be about 70ish.
I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if I can get some factual load data.

Interested to know what they say, because like you said that's way too much powder for a .30-06. Incidentally that's also some outrageous velocity. The website also lists the same data.

website also says that powder is similar to 7828, which is really slow for .30-06, more suited to heavy bullets than 168s.

So I went to Hodgdon's site and looked up 7828. Their load finder on the bottom of the page came up with that load for 300 WinMag, right down to the velocity.

IMR 7828 SSC® | Hodgdon
So, since I have a 300WM I will work around that first and see. Then work with some of my other calibers.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top