JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OPB.JPG

This is again one of those times when my imagination paints a picture of a glaring discrepancy between the organization of 2A rights supporters and the anti-rights groups. Whereas they've been meeting regularly for study groups, diligently doing their homework, and will show up on exam day well prepared and greeted with open arms, we're only starting to think about it the night before.

This is again one of those times when my imagination paints a picture of a glaring discrepancy between the organization of 2A rights supporters and the anti-rights groups. Whereas they've been meeting regularly for study groups, diligently doing their homework, and will show up on exam day well prepared and greeted with open arms, we're only starting to think about it the night before.
Yep this helps illustrate my point in another thread, that our problem isn't so much a lack of numbers but a lack of those numbers being active.

Yep this helps illustrate my point in another thread, that our problem isn't so much a lack of numbers but a lack of those numbers being active.
If I though it had a realistic chance of countering the anti-gun narative, I would go to every single one of them.
The problem is we have Brown who will shove more gun control down our throats regardless of the opposition.
At this point I'm just waiting for the shooting to start, I'll be surprised if there isn't another Civil war in less than 5 years.

Oregon Push Back

It looks like they will be swarming the legislators on Feb 26, from 11am to 3pm.

Not a member of facebook, so I can't open their facebook articles. Here's a non-facebook web page. It does not have a lot of info - don't see event schedules/descriptions, etc.:

Oregon Push Back

Why would a political action group limit their audience to people who are members of facebook?

Not a member of facebook, so I can't open their facebook articles. Here's a non-facebook web page. It does not have a lot of info - don't see event schedules/descriptions, etc.:

Oregon Push Back

Why would a political action group limit their audience to people who are members of facebook?
I don't know but the Oregonpushback campaign has had a poor rollout in my opinion. I have inquired numerous times about plan of action on their facebook page and while they are responding to others, they have not responding to me or another member who also wanted to know the plan of action. The website needs work. I would like to buy some signs but no option for that on website. And my request for sign info on social media have also been largely ignored.

LOL Maybe not supposed to be up to 6" of snow in Salem Monday. I think Mom's be staying home. To many snowflakes to compete with.
This sound like a great opportunity to turn an anti gun rally into a pro 2nd amendment rally. If the anti's stay home and the 2nd amendment supporters show up, I would call that a WIN.

Plus, If second amendment supporters show up during a snow storm to fight for their rights they may just get some recognition for it. However that theory can go either way, maybe the anti's will show up and the good guys will stay home. Don't Take it easy on em Oregon

If I though it had a realistic chance of countering the anti-gun narative, I would go to every single one of them.
The problem is we have Brown who will shove more gun control down our throats regardless of the opposition.
At this point I'm just waiting for the shooting to start, I'll be surprised if there isn't another Civil war in less than 5 years.
I believe large, Pro 2nd rallies with good attendance would go a long way to boost the morale of gun owners and help inspire/motivate the majority that are currently sitting on the sideline saying "its hopeless" to take action.

We need to do everything we possibly can to get gun owners fired up. Once the anti's have successfully demoralized us, its over, They will have won.

I believe large, Pro 2nd rallies with good attendance would go a long way to boost the morale of gun owners and help inspire/motivate the majority that are currently sitting on the sideline saying "its hopeless" to take action.

We need to do everything we possibly can to get gun owners fired up. Once the anti's have successfully demoralized us, its over, They will have won.

rallies are cute :cool: and some of you will be on TV or the news paper, and you will not be portrayed in a good light touting your AR15's but you will look the badd azz serious second amendment supporters some of you think your are as well as and gun nuts the media wants you to look like, sorry wont be there Im spent from the SAPO work and "victory we actually accomplished"

we needed support garnering signatures for a meaningful endeavor of Second Amendment Protection Orders county by county as a preemptive maneuver, we called to arms here on this website and on the streets only 7 of 36 counties mustered! it was not received well by Oregonian Gun Owners
good luck with your vanity parades, they have worked Soooo well in the past

rallies are cute :cool: and some of you will be on TV or the news paper, and you will not be portrayed in a good light touting your AR15's but you will look the badd azz serious second amendment supporters some of you think your are as well as and gun nuts the media wants you to look like, sorry wont be there Im spent from the SAPO work and "victory we actually accomplished"

we needed support garnering signatures for a meaningful endeavor of Second Amendment Protection Orders county by county as a preemptive maneuver, we called to arms here on this website and on the streets only 7 of 36 counties mustered! it was not received well by Oregonian Gun Owners
I think that you are being a little disingenuous. Rallies have started working in other States like Illinois. They were not portrayed as gun nuts in most of the news outlets. A large, armed, well informed group opposing the "Mothers" may be enough to show the Legislature that we have had enough. Gun owners in Oregon just need to get their act together.

I also think that Oregon gun owners did a pretty good job last election. Columbia County made a good showing for the SAPO as did at least 7 other counties. 8 out of 10 that had initiatives is a pretty good showing. Once other counties see that it can be done, more will join.

I understand your sentiment and agree pro2A residents failed to act in many areas around the State. I can't tell you why. It could be lack of organization, direction, negative media coverage, infighting, disbelief or just sheer laziness. It's likely a mixture of all of these reasons plus some I didn't include.

The angry moms have a more centralized structure with pin point goals. They have a more motivated base who is willing to turn out in large numbers for rallies, signature gathering, etc. The media fawns over them at the same time the politicians welcome them with open arms.

2A supporters will likely never be loved by the media or the Majority in Salem but we can and should fix the other organizational problems we have. As I mentioned in other threads we have sufficient numbers to make things go in our favor if we can get everybody off their arses and on the same page.

I am headed to Salem soon to wave at the angry moms and push the suicide prevention bill idea. I will try to pick up some Oregonpushback stickers too. Maybe I'll stick one on the back of my carhart as I stroll through the halls (probably not). I decided to go with the John Kitzhaber slash Art Robinson look. I included pic of suicide prevention flyer I will be dropping off at offices of rep's and sen's.

20190226_082952.jpg

20190226_083114.jpg

We are in deep trouble my friends. It was like a red army, I was having flashbacks of the cold war and the movie Red Dawn (original version). I am pretty sure if anymore estrogen was loaded on those steps the Fire Marshall would have shut the photo op down. The only person I saw countering the event was Oregonpushback sign man. Very nice guy and I picked up some bumper stickers. He said he could get a deal on Defend The 2nd signs for us but I still haven't heard back from Radian yet so I will hold off for a bit. I dropped off my flyer at all 60 Reps offices and went down to ground level where a nice lady printed up 30 more copies for free. I started handing those out on the Senate side of the building and when I got to Chuck Riley's office the nice gals there schooled me on what I was doing wrong. It turns out I am suppose to approach my Rep and Sen first with bill idea before trying to deal with others. Live and learn. I will set up FTF meetings with Sen. Thatcher and Rep. Neron to see if I can get this added to another bill as an amendment.
. 20190226_104627.jpg

I was yelling at the lady in the black sweat shirt bottom right of photo to tell her she was pointing the camera the wrong way;)

Last Edited:
Was there any media there?

*Sigh*.. How is their kids our problem again? I haven't set foot in a classroom in years, I want nothing to do with them or their kids. Secure your own schools and your own homes, leave us out of it please.

Was there any media there?

*Sigh*.. How is their kids our problem again? I haven't set foot in a classroom in years, I want nothing to do with them or their kids. Secure your own schools and your own homes, leave us out of it please.
I didn't see any obvious media types, no news trucks, etc which surprises me now that I think about it. They are probably too busy covering people stuck on a train and other important stuff:) There were quite a few teenagers there. And the age range ran the gambit but more young than old I think. Once they were done with photo op they spread out like ants searching for food. They had two gals on every floor except the ground floor near each elevator and they had groups of 10 or so walking around and some were talking with legislators out in the hallway areas. I road the elevator numerous times with groups of them. I should have had mexican food last night.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top