JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We are in deep trouble my friends. It was like a red army, I was having flashbacks of the cold war and the movie Red Dawn (original version).
My heart would have sunk at that moment too. With regard to their organization, it seems about as bad (for us) as I imagined. Maybe things will look better 3/23? I sure hope so.

Thank you again for taking the time to stand up for our rights.

Last Edited:
giphy.gif

Wolverines!

I am headed to Salem soon to wave at the angry moms and push the suicide prevention bill idea. I will try to pick up some Oregonpushback stickers too. Maybe I'll stick one on the back of my carhart as I stroll through the halls (probably not). I decided to go with the John Kitzhaber slash Art Robinson look. I included pic of suicide prevention flyer I will be dropping off at offices of rep's and sen's.

View attachment 552559

View attachment 552558
Nice! THank you for going.
just one point: In Oregon the percentage is closer to 85% of 'gun deaths' are suicide.

Oh, and were you able to obserce what bills or ideas the demanding moms were pushing?

Last Edited:
Nice! THank you for going.
just one point: In Oregon the percentage is closer to 85% of 'gun deaths' are suicide.

Oh, and were you able to obserce what bills or ideas the demanding moms were pushing?
Thanks for the 85% number, can you post sources of that number? I was not able to discern what bills or ideas they were pushing but I am pretty sure it involved less gun rights;)

Thanks for the 85% number, can you post sources of that number? I was not able to discern what bills or ideas they were pushing but I am pretty sure it involved less gun rights;)
I went back and found the following "official" sources you can add to your packet. The 85% that I quoted was from 2014. Because it was a little old, I went to the CDC WISQUARS data retrieval tool and updated my data. Current last year is 83%. Overall past 5 year average is 82%. The links to Oregon Health Authority's numbers (also a little dated) show 83%. So that might be a safer, more precise number. I hope this info comes in handy for building your case.

Note also, if you are handy with Microsoft Word or Powerpoint, and can make presentations mimic what the Health Authority pages look like, that could make it a bit more receptive to what legislatures are used to seeing from an "official source".

Oregon Health Authority - Firearm Fatalities in Oregon
Oregon Health Authority - Homicide-Suicide in Oregon
Oregon Health Authority - Suicide in Oregon

And finally, this is what I graphed using Excel and the data I queried from the CDC. I can truncate the data to a smaller year-range or provide the Excel data directly if you like. The first vertical red line represents when the "2000 Gun Show Loophole" ballot 5 went into effect, and the second is when SB941 became effective. It shouldn't be too many months now when 2018 data becomes available and we can start looking to see if SB941 had any type of effect as claimed (minimum 3 points post law being effective).

Note on the 2000 Ballot 5 measure that "closed the gun show loophole". Here is one of the statements in support of it. Sound familiar? "The Million Mom March supported the measure calling it a "simple, common-sense measure that will protect our children and our communities from gun trauma by requiring buyers at gun shows to pass the same background check they would have to pass in a gun store." Suicide data doesn't really support that theory. In fact, nothing does!

upload_2019-3-2_13-32-1.png

View attachment 554022

I went back and found the following "official" sources you can add to your packet. The 85% that I quoted was from 2014. Because it was a little old, I went to the CDC WISQUARS data retrieval tool and updated my data. Current last year is 83%. Overall past 5 year average is 82%. The links to Oregon Health Authority's numbers (also a little dated) show 83%. So that might be a safer, more precise number. I hope this info comes in handy for building your case.

Note also, if you are handy with Microsoft Word or Powerpoint, and can make presentations mimic what the Health Authority pages look like, that could make it a bit more receptive to what legislatures are used to seeing from an "official source".

Oregon Health Authority - Firearm Fatalities in Oregon
Oregon Health Authority - Homicide-Suicide in Oregon
Oregon Health Authority - Suicide in Oregon

And finally, this is what I graphed using Excel and the data I queried from the CDC. I can truncate the data to a smaller year-range or provide the Excel data directly if you like. The first vertical red line represents when the "2000 Gun Show Loophole" ballot 5 went into effect, and the second is when SB941 became effective. It shouldn't be too many months now when 2018 data becomes available and we can start looking to see if SB941 had any type of effect as claimed (minimum 3 points post law being effective).

Note on the 2000 Ballot 5 measure that "closed the gun show loophole". Here is one of the statements in support of it. Sound familiar? "The Million Mom March supported the measure calling it a "simple, common-sense measure that will protect our children and our communities from gun trauma by requiring buyers at gun shows to pass the same background check they would have to pass in a gun store." Suicide data doesn't really support that theory. In fact, nothing does!

View attachment 554028

View attachment 554022
Good info, thank you very much

Are they trying to lump this movement in with the feminist movement or #metoo movement? I'm genuinely curious. Are moms the only victims here? Or is this just playing cute for the press?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top