JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Accully I see lots of boats in eastern Washington that are set up for bow fishing .
I don't know where they are doing it .
I just see them on trailers on the highway

Once. My first shot the arrow broke the rope and I lost a $25 arrow.

Never bought another arrow.

Accully I see lots of boats in eastern Washington that are set up for bow fishing .
I don't know where they are doing it .
I just see them on trailers on the highway

There are monster carp in long lake/lake Roosevelt (Spokane and Columbia rivers) that people bowfish.

Not sure it's legal in Oregon. Maybe saltwater or non game fish only?

"It is unlawful to snag, spear, gaff, net, trap, club, shoot or ensnare any freshwater game fish."

Not sure it's legal in Oregon. Maybe saltwater or non game fish only?

"It is unlawful to snag, spear, gaff, net, trap, club, shoot or ensnare any freshwater game fish."
Common carp and mountain sucker fish are about the only fish I can think of...
Whitefish, but I think they stick close to rapids and tail outs, making them a bit more difficult to get to with a spear. Saltwater too, probably just prohibits salmon and lingcod, cabezon.

Let's keep this on topic tho!

Bowfishing is best at night. Dark. That's why they have a crap ton of lights on the boats. Lots of places close at dusk.
Places only close at night if all access closes or if you are fishing for salmonids. If you can get on the water you can always fish for introduced species. I don't think there are really rules for bow fishing other than a definition and limited to non-game fish in freshwater (at least in Oregon).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top